Area Trails Current Conditions Information

Dr.Dover

Area Trails Current Conditions Information

Postby Dr.Dover » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Trail status for riding conditions on our area trails is a very popular question on the forums. Instead of someone having to wait for a response that may or may not happen please check out your options I have listed below.

We are setup on Twitter to receive the trail conditions on your computer or mobile device: http://twitter.com/KcTrailsStatus

Want to know about local trail conditions but don't want to sign up for a Twitter account?
You can do it by sending a text to: 40404
Send this message: FOLLOW KcTrailsStatus
To turn off the trail status text messages at anytime send this message: OFF KcTrailsStatus

Here on the forums you can find the latest conditions information in the Trails section. What is out here is what we know if it isn't up to date then that means that no one has been out to check it lately. Please update if you happen to be the first one out to inspect trail conditions and they haven't been updated that day. :wink: (That status update also triggers a Twitter text)

It looks like this:

Ben :D

ptooi
Site Admin

Re: Area Trails Current Conditions Information

Postby ptooi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:20 am

Pardon me while I get a little grumpy here. The trail statuses are intended to notify people when the status changes, not to request an update. We already have to endure people constantly asking instead of using the available tools, so let's not mis-use the tools for yet more requests.

Also, updates should clearly let people know whether or not they can go ride the trail. We all know what "muddy" means but things like "slick" or "soft spots" leave it open to interpretation unless accompanied by "open" or "closed".

ptooi
Site Admin

Postby ptooi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:41 am

#WYCO Got some rain should be tacky this afternoon

This doesn't tell me whether the trails are open or closed at this moment.

Dr.Dover

Postby Dr.Dover » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Use the tools at hand folks. Everyone is itching for dirt with the warm weather. We need updates if you happened to check out a trail and know the conditions. Thumbs up or thumbs down so we all know.

Thanks,

Ben :D
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Mountain Biking”