Wyatt Pond

Trail Information | Check trail status
jgood

Wyatt Pond

Postby jgood » Wed May 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Has anyone fished Wyatt Pond recently/ever? Are there any fish?? I ride out at landahl a few times a year. Living closer to landahl now so I was thinking about trying to do some fishing out there too. What’s the best way to get to the pond? Riding down to the tasty loop and cutting through might be kind of a pain with a fishing pole. I went out there today because the google maps satellite view made it look like there was a gravel road just east of the argo parking lot that would take you pretty close to the pond. There was a big ass rut right where the road hits argo though so it was a no go for my subaru. I parked on argo and walked the gravel path to where I could see the pond. Looked like I’d need to get down some small cliffs and through some thick woods with no clear path to actually get to the pond though. Wussed out cause it was getting dark though and went back to my car.

Any useful info on the best path back there or the fishing prospects?

Jones
ER Officer

Re: Wyatt Pond

Postby Jones » Fri May 04, 2018 9:59 am

I have not been down to it in many many years there was a small path (deer Trail) from tasty at one point. I have never fished from it but my trail dog back in the day Riley would go for a swim. last time I set eyes on the dang thing it was 90% covered in duckweed so my guess is pretty shallow. I never knew it had a name until you posted it and then I looked it up on google
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

Dave Smith

Postby Dave Smith » Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 am

We used to park above the pond to access Tasty for maintenance. As you pointed out, they closed that lot altogether. It's wasn't that difficult to get down through the rock ledge to the pond, but that was several years ago. Honeysuckle grows fast. The pond looked shallow, so I always assumed the fishing would not be great. There's a pond just below the Argo trailhead too. We opened a small window to it when we added the WIll's bypass to the barrel hub this winter. That pond looks more promising to me than Wyatt, but I've never dropped a line in either.

Flowrida
Location: Eastern Jackson County, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Postby Flowrida » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm

There used to be a shelter house/bathrooms on top of that hill. It got little use and was neglected. A few years ago I would park there and walk across the dam to get to tasty and trim. One day i showed up and there was a fully stripped out stolen f250 in that lot. About a 2 years later they shut down the entrance to the lot. You can see where some people have still cut up through there.

Anyway, there used to be a good sized beaver lodge on the south side of the pond. Not sure about fishing but when the water gets low you can see some old 55 gallon barrels out there so its iffy at best.

I would check out James a Reed or Lake Odessa for fishing, I also see a lot of guys at the damn off Colbern Rd, Prairie Lee that feeds into Lake Jackson County Missouri.
I like to complain and do nothing to make things better. Kurt Cobain

Return to “Landahl Park”