Parking- Truman Rd or Argo?

Trail Information | Check trail status
pitdaddy

Parking- Truman Rd or Argo?

Postby pitdaddy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 am

Does anyone park on the north side of Landahl off Truman Road? Normally I go to the south side because 'everyone else does'. Truman Road is closer to home for me but uphill to the trails. I'm thinking it would give me an opportunity to try Tasty up and Tickler back down.

Possum

Re: Parking- Truman Rd or Argo?

Postby Possum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:06 am

I normally park at Argo, but I'm approaching from the south. Parking at Truman just means that you have to climb to get into the trails, and you have to roll the gravel to/from. We aren't always really good about weed-eating a couple of the pieces that approach from the Truman side, so I don't know if you have to do any bushwhacking through high grass to get to the main trails or not.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Opie

Postby Opie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:17 am

Do it if it's closer - it'd be nice to end a ride with a downhill. I hadn't dropped down from Tasty to the Scout area for some time, but a couple weeks back turned up the trail nearest the fire pit to the spaghetti hub and it looked fairly trimmed. However, west through the field from the gravel entry to the base of freeway/family connector was overgrown, but it's a field.
“There is no such joy in the tavern as upon the road thereto.” ― Cormac McCarthy

pitdaddy

Postby pitdaddy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:52 am

I'm not opposed to bringing my handy dandy weed eater and clearing a trail. If it's better to use an industrial strength one shove it in my hands and tell me to get to work. I can bring a can of gas/oil mix.

Tuesday I decided to try something new and rode Tasty down to the park road connector trail. Walked the bike uphill a bit till around Rim Job then peddled my way to Wills. And yes, I'm thinking it would be nice to have my ears flapping in the wind on the way back to my car. The nice thing about the Argo lot is getting to visit with other riders while cooling down. Next chance I get to ride I'll check it out.

Hurricrain

Postby Hurricrain » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:14 pm

No trimming is necessary and the Tickler is in good shape too. Cleared a log off of it yesterday. That downhill is silly fast especially after you go down it a couple times! :wink:

pitdaddy

Postby pitdaddy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Okay I was breathing pretty hard coming up Tasty. Caught my breath riding Wills and stopped to rest at 'the hub'. Kept going north to Family, aroundn Blvd back to the first trail up that leads to the north end of Family on the west side. Followed Family to Wills, then down Tickler. Going back down Tickler was a blast after passing the short section of Rim Job. Went 8 miles total.

Return to “Landahl Park”