New Rider at Landahl

Trail Information | Check trail status
Gasit81

New Rider at Landahl

Postby Gasit81 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Just wanted to know the scope of the trails for a new rider! I have motorcycle experience. Travel to Colorado and Moab, Utah for trail riding on dirt bikes. Been a lot of years since my BMX days.
Question is, should I go straight to the black or what's the best way to get started? I'm not young anymore, (44), but love adventure!

Thank you!

Possum

Re: New Rider at Landahl

Postby Possum » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Go in from the Argo trailhead, and turn right. Go down the connector to the "barrel" intersection. Take the hard left and ride Will's. On Will's, take the right at the intersection and ride Swedish. Continue on Will's to the west (spaghetti) intersection. Take another hard left and go up Dave's Maze. When it spits you out at the double track field intersection, go straight across into Family Trail. Ride Family back to the spaghetti intersection. If you're desiring more challenge, take the slight left onto RIM. RIM has a little more climbing and rocks, and will spit you back to the barrel intersection. From there, climb the connector back to the parking lot. That usually makes for a pretty good ride.

If you ride MX, you should be able to handle quite a bit. MX riders tend to transition to mountain bikes pretty well.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Gasit81

Postby Gasit81 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!!

mike r

Postby mike r » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes ride Argo + Wills. Family back is also great once you finish will's wanderer to get back near the trail head. I've only been riding for a year and these are my favorite. Swedish is still too hard for me but I try it every once in a while. Will's Wanderer is my favorite of any trail I've tried so far in the KC area.

Return to “Landahl Park”