Lexington Lake Park Grand Opening Saturday July 8

Trail Information | Check trail status
Olathejoe

Lexington Lake Park Grand Opening Saturday July 8

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am

The big day has finally arrived!

There will be a small ribbon cutting ceremony at 9:00am and after that the park is open for everyone to enjoy.

We have the first loop (Rose) complete. It's just under 2 miles and is intended to be beginner friendly. The Emerald loop has been started and will be more intermediate level.

Come on out anytime, a bunch of us will be there Saturday. I understand 2 miles of trail is not really worth the drive for most people so plan to hit Kill Creek before or after Lexington. It takes 15 minutes to drive from one part to the other.

http://jcprd.com/pages/lexington_lake.cfm
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Hawkgx

Re: Lexington Lake Park Grand Opening Saturday July 8

Postby Hawkgx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:09 am

So where is the trailhead at Lexington and the best place to park? Drove around the parking lot yesterday since we'd never been to the park but want sure where to access the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones
ER Officer

Postby Jones » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:49 am

park in the parking lot. hop on the paved path and go right as you looking at the lake. The trail head will be hard to miss Just look for the Carsonite post.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 am

This should be a direct link to the park map:

http://jcprd.com/park_admin/pdf/lexington-map.pdf

Rose loop is on the upper right, it's really hard to miss.

Ray, Gary and I spend 3+ hours clearing storm damage yesterday so the loop is once again wide open. There were at least a dozen trees completely blocking the trail. There is still a big on blocking access to the little bit of the Emerald trail that is complete. I was planning a small re-route there, but the re-route will be a little bigger now.

I'm guessing Kill Creek has some storm damage as well but have not been out there to access.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Return to “Kill Creek & Lexington Lake”