Condition?

Trail Information | Check trail status
MTOMOB

Condition?

Postby MTOMOB » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 am

Wondering if anyone has been out there. It typically dries faster than most other trails, and with the temp today will it be ready tonight? If not anyone up for a group tomorrow night to reinstate the original Hump Day ride?

Olathejoe

Re: Condition?

Postby Olathejoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:15 pm

I haven't been out there since it rained, but I'm cautiously optimistic we'll have a hump day ride tomorrow.

The good folks at the park are the ones that open and close the gates at Kill Creek and they always update the hotline but not the status here on the forum, so if you call and it's open, please update us here.

JCPD trail status hotline: 913-312-8833
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

bdg1320

Postby bdg1320 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 am

Just called the hotline now and the trails are still closed.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:58 am

bdg1320 wrote:Just called the hotline now and the trails are still closed.

Thanks for checking. I'm sure it's going to be wet for a little while longer. As was mentioned in the Landahl thread, once the trees and underbrush start greening and leafing out that will expidite the drying process considerably.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Old thread, but the title is worth reusing!

Did a couple laps on Hank this afternoon. It's pretty damn dry with a few damp spots. Nothing slimy at all!

TheRisingSun

Postby TheRisingSun » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Went to ride kill creek today and contrary to what's posted trail was locked up. From what I walked it looked good to go. Admittedly I don't know the trouble spots so stayed off. Any chance locks pulled off tomorrow?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:50 am

Trail is open, I ran it last night. Bit muddy in a few spots, but not bad. You'll leave tread marks, but wont sink in at all. Few limbs are near the trail and some of the grass stretches are getting a bit tall. No more spider webs over the trail, I cleared those with my face.

ptooi
Site Admin

Postby ptooi » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 am

Theodore wrote:Trail is open, I ran it last night. Bit muddy in a few spots, but not bad. You'll leave tread marks, but wont sink in at all. Few limbs are near the trail and some of the grass stretches are getting a bit tall. No more spider webs over the trail, I cleared those with my face.

Thanks, status updated.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Couple of trees down on the trail, I ran em tonight. One down on Eddy not too far in, but there are chain ring marks all over it, so I'm assuming it is now a fixture. There are 2 down on Hank. Both are on the loop itself, after the connector. Both are pretty good sized and are a bit off the trail, so while they might be ride-able for an advanced rider, it would be a bit tricky as is. Grass is definitely getting long on the two prairie crossings. Be sure to spray yourself with bug juice because there is no way through w/o lots of arm/leg rubbage.

Dirt is good!

Return to “Kill Creek & Lexington Lake”