conditions

Trail Information | Check trail status
mchaines

conditions

Postby mchaines » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Rode the connector down from the parking lot & the lower loop (across the creek) tonight, all of the trail was bone dry. great riding out there. A couple of trees down that I needed to carry over, but it's possible a rider on fire could clear both of them.

Olathejoe

Re: conditions

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:42 am

mchaines wrote:Rode the connector down from the parking lot & the lower loop (across the creek) tonight, all of the trail was bone dry. great riding out there. A couple of trees down that I needed to carry over, but it's possible a rider on fire could clear both of them.

Be careful of down tree on Eddy. It was once a tree stand or something, so there are some nails in it. I tried to pound them in the tree with a rock, but I may have missed some. I'm not sure anyone could actually ride over it though. I know I'm not even going to try.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Olathejoe

Re: conditions 8/1/08

Postby Olathejoe » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Went out and checked things out at lunch. I'm afraid just a tad too wet still, but very close. The trail tread was almost firm enough for riding, but I was picking up a fair amount of mud on my shoes. I'm going to say by tomorrow afternoon it should be dry enough to ride. Of course by then I will be 900 bizillion degrees, so it may not matter.

I hear Clinton and Perry are good, so if you absolulely have to ride, go there.

Geezer

Re: conditions 8/1/08

Postby Geezer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Olathejoe wrote:I hear Clinton and Perry are good, so if you absolulely have to ride, go there.

Rode about 8 miles of Clinton white today. Started at the west end.

The trail dirt is not 100% dry - it is black, not brown. The dirt traction is very, very good though. The issue is that the black dirt moistens the tires and the moist tires are very sketchy on Clinton's rocks, especially the green ones. :shock: And there are many rocks on white.

Blue will be much more manageable.

Terry

the
Location: Sitting at my desk, trying to look productive . . .

Postby the » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Sun has been out over here since noon. At 3:30pm I walked the connector trail in about halfway . . .

It doesn't look too bad. Still a little juicy in the fully shaded low areas but, I didn't bring back a bunch of dirt on my shoes.

Hoping for no rain on Monday . . .
-- First you must finish before you can finish first --

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:20 am

Thanks for the update. Usually you only have to walk as far at the first 2 low spots on the connector to get a feel for the conditions.

I guess we didn't hope hard enough for no rain today. :cry:

Maybe things will be dry by Wednesday for the Spidermanuderwearfest at Smithville.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:20 pm

The trail was solid but still wet tonight. Should be fine tomorrow, Thursday 8/25

chris1281982

Postby chris1281982 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 pm

How well does trails drain, Looks like they have had .64 inches of rain. The mountain hotline says SMP is the only trail that is closed. I would like to ride tomorow afternoon(Friday NOV 7)

Chris
DEAD LAST is greater than DID NOT FINISH which trumps DID NOT START

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 pm

I'd say it's questionable for tomorrow...not as much heat or sun this time of year, although the wind the past few days will help dry things some.
The essence of mountain biking is, and always has been, about riding your bike off road. Lycra/baggy, up/down, fast/slow - whatever. Just ride your bike. ~ Keith Bontrager

chris1281982

Postby chris1281982 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Went out and check Kill Creek today, Trails are moist but firm like SMP.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:28 pm

chris1281982 wrote:Went out and check Kill Creek today, Trails are moist but firm like SMP.

I assume the gates were open and you got a ride in? Eddy is always just a tad more interesting when his rocks get that moist thing going on.

chris1281982

Postby chris1281982 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Yes the gates were open, I took one of my freinds that hasnt been mountain biking in years. I told him the park will close the trails during wet conditions to keep from damaging the trails. We just rode Hank but I did see other guy out there riding and he went over to ride Eddy as well but I am not for sure how far he got because once he crossed the creek he had his bike upside down doing something to it.

Chris

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:49 pm

We had a great ride today, the trail is totally dry. We didn't venture across the creek, but I'm sure it's fine too. We had the entire park to ourselves, then Cotter showed up so we left.

chris1281982

Postby chris1281982 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:52 pm

I may try to ride tomorrow afternoon, may just ride Hank. I know the water is getting chilly and if you get yours toes wet crossing the creek your feet may go numb.

Insomneous

Postby Insomneous » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:14 am

It wasn't that bad yesterday. I nailed the water going and coming and my feet weren't miserable. Maybe that's because I'd just seen Joe and was sorta sick to my stomach.

Seriously, it wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it would be.

Please note: results may vary depending on time of immersion, depth of creek where feet are introduced to cold water, the number and style of socks in which your feet are enclosed, your level of tolerance for said cold water, how prone you are to feel disgusted by water that may contain small contaminants including but not limited to: animal feces, animal urine, uranium, mud, dirt, water, rocks, leaves, sediment, human waste in dissolved or undissolved states, grit, grime, slime, sand, sewage of any kind human or otherwise, small fresh water invertebrates, large fresh water creatures of unknown origin, plastic bags for the express purpose of carrying your crap to your car when you go shopping but that have been loosed upon Mother Nature, sticks, stones, animal and fish bones, and the random bloated body; or any other factors that have not been fully explained or explored here in total or in part by the first party. Member FDIC. Void where prohibited. Please check local listing for details.
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Return to “Kill Creek & Lexington Lake”