Clinton vs Perry

Check trail status
lewis17web

Clinton vs Perry

Postby lewis17web » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Heading down to KC to do some riding next week (assuming it finally stops raining). I have ridden everything in KC many times but never been to Clinton or Perry. Have a few days so worth the drive over from KC. Which do people prefer and why? I'm a big fan of Shawnee and Landahl which I try and hit every time I get down there. Interested in what people have to say. Had planned to ride Clinton a few weeks ago while my son was running at USATF nationals at KU but that was a complete rainout. Thanks for any input in advance.

Jones
ER Officer

Re: Clinton vs Perry

Postby Jones » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:35 am

I myself enjoy Perry more it is rocky and challenging with some flow. Clinton is a good ride but not as challenging and does not flow as well for me.

Both are on MTBproject.com last I checked so you should be able to use that if you get lost but download the Kansas maps before you get there as there are plenty of spots where you do not have cell coverage.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:40 am

I agree, Perry is a great ride. Be sure to have cash ($5?) to pay for parking.

lewis17web

Postby lewis17web » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:08 am

Thanks for the response. Definitely like rocky tech so Perry sounds like the better choice. Bit of a drive over there I see.

Return to “Lawrence Trails (Clinton, River Trails, Perry)”