Any Older LRT Pics?

Check trail status
ScottL
ER Officer

Re: Any Older LRT Pics?

Postby ScottL » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 am

Had fun reading that, rant and all. I know about the KCMO river trail area from stories, never rode them back in the day. I didn't start riding until 98 with a couple of guys that introduced me to stuff, Landahl was always where I wanted to go despite the longer drive for us.

I didn't know there were 8+ miles of singletrack in Crow's Creek park back then. Did that fall out of use long before the making of the current trail system?

ptooi
Site Admin

Postby ptooi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am

Is it too late to apply for the job that entails riding 5 days a week plus free room & board?

Neale

Postby Neale » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am

Those trails are now primarily equestrian trails (and not really built to "Sustainable" practices) and with the horse traffic....well, enough said. Technically I think they are multi-use trails (foot/horse/bike), but I haven't ridden them since we started building the current SMV trails.

The KCMO river trails were fun, but it got to be a challenge recovering them after each flood event. I have a lot of good memories of the those trails..used to take my son there when we was just learning.
Self-deception isn't the worst thing we do, but it makes it possible for us to do the worst things. -Timothy Keller

ScottL
ER Officer

Postby ScottL » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 am

Neale wrote:Those trails are now primarily equestrian trails (and not really built to "Sustainable" practices) and with the horse traffic....well, enough said. Technically I think they are multi-use trails (foot/horse/bike), but I haven't ridden them since we started building the current SMV trails.

The KCMO river trails were fun, but it got to be a challenge recovering them after each flood event. I have a lot of good memories of the those trails..used to take my son there when we was just learning.

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 am

That was fun reading that old newletter. I bet you have a bunch of those, could we talk you into starting another thread and post like one a week for a while? Maybe this winter when we have nothing to do but argue about who has the best wheel size.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

codyh12345

Re: Re: Any Older LRT Pics?

Postby codyh12345 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:49 am

Olathejoe wrote:That was fun reading that old newletter. I bet you have a bunch of those, could we talk you into starting another thread and post like one a week for a while? Maybe this winter when we have nothing to do but argue about who has the best wheel size.

29"

Neale

Postby Neale » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:04 am

Olathejoe wrote:That was fun reading that old newletter. I bet you have a bunch of those, could we talk you into starting another thread and post like one a week for a while? Maybe this winter when we have nothing to do but argue about who has the best wheel size.

Gladly..... now I just need to remember. :)
Self-deception isn't the worst thing we do, but it makes it possible for us to do the worst things. -Timothy Keller

Return to “Lawrence Trails (Clinton, River Trails, Perry)”