Going to LOSP

steved

Going to LOSP

Postby steved » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:13 am

Taking the family camping this W/E at Lake of the Ozarks State Park (kids have Friday off from school). I plan on riding the trails sometime Sat. morning.

Does anyone have a map of the trails. I downloaded the flyer from last years workday.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - a beer in one hand - a cheeseburger in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Pink

Postby Pink » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:08 am

I wonder if they're not waiting until after the "final walk-through" this weekend before posting the trail map to the ER site? I'm sure Todd can get you one.
I come from a long line of people who convinced others to sleep with them.

Dave Smith

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:28 am

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:48 am

Pink wrote:I wonder if they're not waiting until after the "final walk-through" this weekend before posting the trail map to the ER site? I'm sure Todd can get you one.

That's been rescheduled for the first week in Oct. I'm told.

steved

LOSP riding

Postby steved » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:35 pm

THIS BLOWs

I'm heading to the Lake of the Ozarks to camp & ride Friday & the forcast is calling for storms all day tomorrow.

Do the trails drain well there? Maybe a late Saturday or early sunday?
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - a beer in one hand - a cheeseburger in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:51 pm

When are you leaving?

This says 80% chance tonight, but only 40% tomorrow and 30% on Saturday.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMO0185?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

I'll bet the trail is good to ride on Saturday. It's a different soil all together down there. It drains very well. I don't have much experience on the honeyrun trail, but the stuff I ride around the family cabin can be ridden immediatly after large amounts of rain. I don't think HR is that good, but close.

Let us know how it is.

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:38 pm

You can ride the trails wet in the Ozarks. Lots of rock and red clay. It's a little slick when wet, but you don't sink in it like you do here! Lots of good riding in the Ozarks, and the ticks should have calmed down by now too.

Chris...

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”