Honey Run

Sasquatch1413

Honey Run

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Gonna finally check out Honey Run this weekend. Gonna take the single speed as its the only bike that will fit on the car we're taking. Anybody been down there recently? Is there a local bike shop or something that keeps good tabs on conditions?
My what big wheels you have.

Olathejoe

Re: Honey Run

Postby Olathejoe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Did not make it down there last year, so no to your first question.

Dan and Nicole Dougan own and operate Oz Cycles and Kayaks. They should be able to give you trail status. I would think it would be in great shape right now, maybe some trees down. SS will be fine down there.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Sasquatch1413

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 am

Is Honey Run like Arkansas, ride the day after it rains? Or more typical of the trails around KC as far as dry times?
My what big wheels you have.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 am

Somewhere in between, closer to Arkansas than KC though. There are a few low areas that might be a little soft, but I bet by Saturday it will all be good.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Possum

Postby Possum » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 am

The South Loop is the most "moisture susceptible" of the the 3 segments. There are also a couple of seeps on the Connector, at the low end. I've ridden it a couple of times a day or so after a rain, and it holds up pretty well.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

AnthemX

Postby AnthemX » Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I will be at sunrise beach area 19-23. is the trail head close? im only semi familiar with the area.

Possum

Postby Possum » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 pm

It's not super convenient, but not horrible. Google Maps says 30 miles/40 minutes drive. Take 5 South to Hwy 7, to Hwy 54 North, to A. Go east on A to McCubbin Drive to the trailhead.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”