Lake Ozarks Area Trail Maps

cyleriggs

Lake Ozarks Area Trail Maps

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:34 am

I am providing these maps for viewing online in PDF format. Up until now these maps have not been available anywhere online to my knowledge. In the words of the locals when I asked for a website where I could find them: "We're not that high tech down here".

Bittersweet Trail in Osage Beach, MO:
http://riggsfamilyweb.net/biking/maps/bittersweet.pdf

Four Winds Trail in the Lake of the Ozarks State Park Area:
http://riggsfamilyweb.net/biking/maps/fourwinds.pdf

Honey Run Trail in the Lake of the Ozarks State Park:
http://riggsfamilyweb.net/biking/maps/honeyrun.pdf

mccallcaver

Postby mccallcaver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 am

Thanks Cyle, Yer swell, I was thinking of checking out honey run this weekend.
I changed my signature because i still work there and realize it can be googled....

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 pm

If I ever remember when I'm at home, I have a much better map of Honey Run that I can post. I got it from Todd, but he kept saying it wasn't done yet so he didn't want to post it. I've also tried to get him to write up a trail description for our webpage, but I guess he's too busy riding his bike to do either. :shock:
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 pm

mccallcaver wrote:Thanks Cyle, Yer swell, I was thinking of checking out honey run this weekend.

Ben,

Definitely ride honey run, it's worth checking out. But you can't ride the lake area without checking out out bittersweet as well. I have to say that while it's a smaller trail system it was the highlight of our weekend. No offense to the guys that built Honey Run.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 pm

cyleriggs wrote:No offense to the guys that built Honey Run.

too late.

Ben: are you going to help with the trail work down there on Sunday? That would be great if you could get it all trimmed up for my next trip.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

mccallcaver

Postby mccallcaver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm

nope, I gotta do a photoshoot at an apple orchard sunday.....will be back late saturday.
I changed my signature because i still work there and realize it can be googled....

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Olathejoe wrote:
cyleriggs wrote:No offense to the guys that built Honey Run.

too late.

Ben: are you going to help with the trail work down there on Sunday? That would be great if you could get it all trimmed up for my next trip.

Aww. Sorry Joe. Honey Run is much more SS friendly though. Thanks for thinking of us.

mccallcaver

Postby mccallcaver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Cyle,
How late can you get there and still get a campsite at mccubbins point?

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:11 pm

mccallcaver wrote:Cyle,
How late can you get there and still get a campsite at mccubbins point?

I don't know, we didn't take a chance. The campgrounds are overflowing every weekend from what the park rangers told me. The park rangers told me it would be a pretty dumb idea to just show up on a fri night right now and expect to get a campsite whether it be at the regular campground or mccubbins. You'd better reserve a campsite at the regular campground. It's only 12.50/night to reserve a basic campground. And just drive to the trailhead.

mccallcaver

Postby mccallcaver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:12 pm

link?

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:12 pm

https://www.icampmo.com/

I suggest reserving in the bottom part of section 4. That where the big cluster of non-electric sites are. Plus you get a site right on the lake there. If you reserve anywhere else the only view you'll have is a ton of rv's. The swimming beach is within very close walking distance of section 4 also.

greenlantern

Postby greenlantern » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:40 am

Any air conditioned hotels nearby? Ben would sleep in a thornbush loaded with pit vipers all night just to save $10. :roll:
My haircut is described as "The Achy-Breakey Big Mistakey".

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:10 am

greenlantern wrote:Any air conditioned hotels nearby? Ben would sleep in a thornbush loaded with pit vipers all night just to save $10. :roll:

There are a ton of hotels for those not into camping in 100 degree weather (sissies! jk). Any hotel in Osage Beach will suit you and will be very centrally located to all the local trails.

hotels.com has them from $40/night.

greenlantern

Postby greenlantern » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:56 am

Cool, I will look into that for us. Thank you.
My haircut is described as "The Achy-Breakey Big Mistakey".

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”