Friday, Sept 14 Camping at LOSP

Michael Gier

Friday, Sept 14 Camping at LOSP

Postby Michael Gier » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:47 pm

Seeking a little guidance --

Friday as my son and I follow the Tour of Missouri, we're planning to ride a little at Honey Run at LOSP, and then to camp out Friday night. Is McCubbin's Point the place to do it? Should I/Can I reserve a campsite ahead of time? Alternative locations?

TIA,

Michael
Michael Gier
"If you don't like the system, all you have to do is change it. There's no magic key to the kingdom. Show up on a regular basis and get involved. You'll soon have more than you asked for."Todd Posson

Possum

Postby Possum » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:00 am

Cannot reserve at McCubbin Point. The "real" campground is on the other side of the lake (as in directly across the lake from the north loop), but it's about a 20-30min drive from the campground to the trailhead, b/c you have to go somewhat into the town of Osage Beach to get to the campground (east side of Hwy 54).

I don't know what its demand is right now. In the summer, it fills up Thursday night or Friday, so it's pot luck as to how many people want to go there. It's after Labor Day, so demand may be down a bit, but who knows. Most of the people who camp there are there for the boat access. Most of them are also supreme white trash. I'm not sure I'd call it a 'family friendly' place to camp. Let's just say that a few of us got a little worried when Kat took her "walk by the beach."

Here's the state's website:
http://www.mostateparks.com/lakeozark.htm
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Michael Gier

Postby Michael Gier » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:04 am

Possum wrote:Most of them are also supreme white trash. I'm not sure I'd call it a 'family friendly' place to camp. Let's just say that a few of us got a little worried when Kat took her "walk by the beach."

You're talking about at McCubbin, right? So you're saying to stay at the "real" campground instead?
Michael Gier
"If you don't like the system, all you have to do is change it. There's no magic key to the kingdom. Show up on a regular basis and get involved. You'll soon have more than you asked for."Todd Posson

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”