LOSP Trails Status

EclipseRoadie

LOSP Trails Status

Postby EclipseRoadie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Honeyrun- As of 25 March, The Connector is slightly wet but rideable, The South Loop is very muddy and should be avoided. The North Loop is in great shape and not wet at all.

4 Winds- As of 24 March, trail is very muddy but rideable.

Bittersweet- As of 25 March Bittersweet is in great shape!

-ER

Olathejoe

Re: LOSP Trails Status

Postby Olathejoe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanks for the updates, and welcome if this is your first time on the forum. Are you local to the Ozarks? Because we could sure use some regular trail reports from down there.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Possum

Postby Possum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:47 am

Yup, he's a local to the trail. We've conversed on mtbr. Glad to have you checking in here Eclipse.

I'm trying to get down there soon to ride/evaluate for any needed spring work.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 am

I think I might catch a ride with him Saturday at Bitter Sweet! Looks like we are still on!

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 am

ctrailfreak wrote:I think I might catch a ride with him Saturday at Bitter Sweet! Looks like we are still on!

Dude have fun! Bittersweet is the shizzle!! (Watch out for the butterflies in the stomach on some of those bridges and the A-frame)

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:52 pm

cyleriggs wrote:
ctrailfreak wrote:I think I might catch a ride with him Saturday at Bitter Sweet! Looks like we are still on!

Dude have fun! Bittersweet is the shizzle!! (Watch out for the butterflies in the stomach on some of those bridges and the A-frame)

I've ridden everything on that trail, and never felt a single butterfly. 8) Including the big drop they have. :mrgreen: It's a super fun trail for sure though! I want to hit that wooden burm at the bottom of the hill as fast as I can. Hopefully the teeter totter will be rebuilt this time.

cyleriggs

Postby cyleriggs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm

ctrailfreak wrote:
cyleriggs wrote:

I've ridden everything on that trail, and never felt a single butterfly. 8) Including the big drop they have. :mrgreen: It's a super fun trail for sure though! I want to hit that wooden burm at the bottom of the hill as fast as I can. Hopefully the teeter totter will be rebuilt this time.

EEK I can't believe you did that drop, the one over the creekbed? INSANE I TELL YOU!

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Nah..... That ones kind of small actually. I've done much larger drops. That ones only about 5' high. It's still fun, and not many other trails feature that many stunts along the trail. That's why we drive there to ride it. Plus the fact that the DH sections are blazing fast! :mrgreen: It's a truely fun time at Bitter Sweet. :wink:

EclipseRoadie

Postby EclipseRoadie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am a local and ride all these trails often. I noticed your Lake Area section lacking so I figured I'd join up. I hope it doesn't rain too much between now and Saturday. What's broken on the teeter totter, that must be recent. If it's easy we can fix it this weekend.

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm

EclipseRoadie wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am a local and ride all these trails often. I noticed your Lake Area section lacking so I figured I'd join up. I hope it doesn't rain too much between now and Saturday. What's broken on the teeter totter, that must be recent. If it's easy we can fix it this weekend.

It was broken in the middle. You could not safely ride it for fear it would snap in half. Everything else looked to be in good shape. Are they calling for rain before Saturday? I hope not... because we are coming down, provided it doesn't rain. Keep me posted on the weather, and we should arrive at Carls parking lot about 10:30 or 11:am.

EclipseRoadie

Postby EclipseRoadie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:44 pm

What size piece of lumber was broken?

EclipseRoadie

Postby EclipseRoadie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Says there is a minor chance of rain for the next week. However, I've been informed by people who ride there alot more than I do that as long as it isn't a monsoon we should be good. If you can remember about what size the peice of lumber that's broke on the T-T is I'll stop by tomorrow or friday and fix it.

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 pm

EclipseRoadie wrote:What size piece of lumber was broken?

I didn't look that close at it ,but you could see the whole thing was sagging at the center mount where it pivots. It looked like both the long runners had cracked from too much stress.

EclipseRoadie

Postby EclipseRoadie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Ok, I gotcha. Wonder what happened? I like that stunt.

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 pm

EclipseRoadie wrote:Ok, I gotcha. Wonder what happened? I like that stunt.
The back end needs to be a little longer, so it won't slam back when you exit. but not so long that it won't return back. :wink: That's what breaks those at the axis point.

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”