LOSP Trails Status

Possum

Re: LOSP Trails Status

Postby Possum » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks for your help.

If you make it to the work day, ask me about the gravel, and I'll fill you in.

Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:04 pm

EclipseRoadie wrote:I've been trimmin and chainsawin, I take that stuff out everytime I ride and try to knock out anything that looks like it needs it... however, I believe that there are other people doing the same thing, because I have noticed trees, limbs, and weeds dissappearing magically every couple weeks or so. I think maybe just a handful of us local riders have been nickle and dimin' it everytime we're out there.

As for the gravel, I have no clue, kinda made me scratch my head too...

In any case, the trail is in good hands around here and many of us that live near are thankful enough for the work put in, to keep it maintained. I have however, been noticing some apparently deliberate blockages of the trail from time to time (north loop mainly) where it appears logs and trees have been dragged across the singletrack. I suspect the horseriders who live on the land adjacent to the trail are still pissed they were evicted from riding ON our singletrack by the park ranger.

Keep a close lookout for horse footprints inches off the singletrack. Especially round' some of those blockages. I think you'll agree.

Thanks for all the work you folks are putting doing down there.

Bummer about the horse riders. They'll get over it though.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

EclipseRoadie

Postby EclipseRoadie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Did a Post-Ike trail damage survey today. All in all, not too bad. We had 50+mph winds through the area yesterday so I was understandably skeptical when I hit Honeyrun this morning.
There is DEFINITELY some work to be done. More work than I like to think about, but not more than a weekends work... mostly in the form of fallen trees across the trail (very unhuckable) and some pretty extensive erosion damage in some places.
However, all in all, you can still go out and get a good ride in if your willing to get off and track around some trees. Also, the spiders seem to be dwindling to pre-winter levels which makes me extra happy :D

Sucks about the workday getting canned. I look forward to November, but remember... Turkey Day will be spent at 4-winds by all the locals (mandatory traditional ride) ;)

EclipseRoadie

Postby EclipseRoadie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Honeyrun was cleared of all logs and debris when I rode it today. Somebody has been doin work out there... Thanks whoever you are!

If you listen careful at the end of the connector trail you can hear the sound of my chain snapping and me cursing. :evil:

ER

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”