Sunday Feb 20, 1 pm, Urban MTB ride

shoffner

Sunday Feb 20, 1 pm, Urban MTB ride

Postby shoffner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Trails suck and I'm sick of getting hammered on my fixie every Sunday road riding with cat 2 guys that have gears. Come join me for some Urban Dirty Fun this Sunday afternoon.

Sunday Feb. 20
1 pm
Volker Bike Shop, 39th and Bell
Urban MTB ride

Expect to be off-road as much as possible, but there will be plenty of pavement unfortunately. At least have a CX bike, please...road bike will not be fun on some stuff I'm planning. Expect levees, cobbles, west bottoms alleys, dirt/gravel access roads, grass, paved trail/roads, old trolly tracks, loading docks, curbs, disc golf trail through cliff drive if it's not too stupidly sloppy, etc.

I'm planning on around 3-4 hours, plenty of bail out spots of course though since we'll be winding through the Boulevard/Bottoms/River/Crossroads/NE/and back.

hope to see lots of fat tires sunday :mrgreen:
ROZARKS - Roanoke and Rosedale neighborhoods' nature trails
KESSLER - Cliff Drive/Historic Northeast

URBAN DIRTY RACE SERIES
http://urbandirty.wordpress.com

Team Colavita/Parisi
Powered by Volker Bicycles

shoffner

Re: Sunday Feb 20, 1 pm, Urban MTB ride

Postby shoffner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

oh yea...I don't and won't have a set route other than area to area...come explore and ride whatever we can find.

URBAN DIRTY RACE SERIES

Team Colavita/Parisi

jlbay

Postby jlbay » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 pm

will you be on your SS 29"?

shoffner

Postby shoffner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:42 pm

jlbay wrote:will you be on your SS 29"?

yep. If I were you I'd bring fat tires and supension, but I like jumping off stuff sometimes 8)

Like I said, at least a cx bike...mtb will be way more fun...full suspension even more fun.

URBAN DIRTY RACE SERIES

Team Colavita/Parisi

jlbay

Postby jlbay » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:43 pm

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/28575518

Here is the closest I could come up with on what we rode today. Effing great ride. Had a flat almost right off the bat. Smooth to rough sailing from there on out. We saw tons of crazy stuff. Uhh, like mountain lion tracks, yeah.

MTBjunkie

Postby MTBjunkie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 am

Sorry I missed it. Would have been nice to get on a bike, but I had to get my apt setup for living. I plan on setting up an urban ride in the near future.

-Shannon
Ride bikes and be happy.

NHabes79

Postby NHabes79 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 am

Damn, I was out of town or otherwise I would have enjoyed coming along with you guys. How much off-road did you guys get in? What obstacles/jumps did you hit? Justin, how did you do that 'map my ride' thing? Is that compatible with a gps you are wearing?

jlbay

Postby jlbay » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 am

I did it manually, you can turn off the follow streets option and click anywhere is satellite view. I just generalized the sections in the woods because I didn't have many clues to the trail. Some of it was without trails. We messed around on some curbs and stairs but I can only handle so much drop on my rigid bike. There were tons of loading docks to play on. We got quite a bit of gravel all along the river, some of it was super muddy and we had to walk. There are greenways all the way down Paseo, so we could break up some of the asphalt riding with easy stairs, fountains, etc.

shoffner

Postby shoffner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:54 pm

NHabes79 wrote:Damn, I was out of town or otherwise I would have enjoyed coming along with you guys. How much off-road did you guys get in? What obstacles/jumps did you hit? Justin, how did you do that 'map my ride' thing? Is that compatible with a gps you are wearing?

I'm trying to get it worked to about a 20 mile loop that is 90% + off-road...getting pretty close after this ride :)

URBAN DIRTY RACE SERIES

Team Colavita/Parisi