New to the area. Trailheads??

Trail Information | Check trail status
mattflack

New to the area. Trailheads??

Postby mattflack » Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 pm

New to the KC area (Grandview actually)
I rode around in Swope today. Started around the go ape area and just ran a trail around and down. Not really sure what trail or even if i started at the head.
my question is; Is there a good place to park to be right at the trail heads? Is there a certain area where all these trails either start or meet? Ive got the pdf of swope park map, but not being from the area, im not 100% sure of even where to look or even start lol
Any help is greatly appreciated. LOVE this MTB community you guys have here btw!!!!

Itsjfm

Re: New to the area. Trailheads??

Postby Itsjfm » Sun May 14, 2017 5:30 am

Welcome to KC
http://urbantrailco.com/the-trails

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jim

watts888

Postby watts888 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:07 am

Park at the bottom of the hill before you go through the gate. If you park up top by Go Ape or the other buildings, you could get a ticket. Not supposed to park up there except for special events. Trailhead is right by the gate.

The Swope maps on Urban Trail co are good, and so is the trail layer on google maps. You'll see there are two large loops, rancho and Woodchuck. Rancho is the inner loop and easier. Woodchuck is the outer loop and more difficult. There is also a small ~1/2 mile self contained kids loop at the top of the hill by Go Ape.
"A hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

Sasquatch1413

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:26 pm

mattflack wrote:New to the KC area (Grandview actually)
I rode around in Swope today. Started around the go ape area and just ran a trail around and down. Not really sure what trail or even if i started at the head.
my question is; Is there a good place to park to be right at the trail heads? Is there a certain area where all these trails either start or meet? Ive got the pdf of swope park map, but not being from the area, im not 100% sure of even where to look or even start lol
Any help is greatly appreciated. LOVE this MTB community you guys have here btw!!!!

If you're in Grandview, Blue River Parkway Trails will be very close to you as well. Check em out at the Urban Trail Co link posted above.
My what big wheels you have.

Return to “Swope Park”