Saturday smash and grab

Trail Information | Check trail status
Nate King

Saturday smash and grab

Postby Nate King » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 am

Same sh!t, different day... this past Saturday between 4:00-4:30pm. We were only gone about 30 minutes, came back to find every car in the lot hit (8 or 9 of us total).

I knew this happened, but didn't figure on it at such a high-traffic day and time. Be aware and alert, any day any time.

Any way to work with KCMO Parks and Rec to get cameras watching the lot? Or some other deterrent?

-Nate

JasonD

Re: Saturday smash and grab

Postby JasonD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:10 am

Is there options to park somewhere where stuff will be safer outside the park and bike in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toxis

Postby Toxis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Never heard of an issue at the disc golf park because there's always golfers nearby. Maybe park there and ride over.
UNOFFICIAL SLOWEST RIDER OF '11 & '12.
SLOWEST REGULAR RIDER OF '13, '14, '15 and beyond I'm sure.
Bought a fat bike to hold the record...

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Nate King

Postby Nate King » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am

"Don't park at the trailhead" seems like a shitty thing to just have to accept. Following normal wise theft-prevention practices (don't leave items in view, etc) didn't do any good. The guy next to us had nothing of value in his vehicle and had nothing taken - but his window was smashed and truck rifled through. So now he has to replace his window.

This seems to be an ongoing problem. I'm serious about following through and finding a better solution than "don't use the trailhead". Who would I/we contact about security cameras or some other deterrant? UTC? KCMO Parks & Rec?

Dave Smith

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 am

copied from thw ER Facebook page:

If your car gets broken into at Swope, please call the 311 city line or - better yet - stop by the nearby Lake Side Nature Center to fill out an incident report. The Swope builders are working with the City to address this issue but they need to document as much of it as possible.

Nate King

Postby Nate King » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks Dave. We called the police and they came and took reports from everyone.

A KCMO Parks employee actually found my phone. I'm going to pick it up today - I'll ask him if I should fill out an incident report or if it would be redundant with the police report already filed.

Glad to hear Swope builders are on it. Thanks.

Ogar

Postby Ogar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:03 am

Swope park Lakeside Nature Center
4701 E Gregory Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64132
(816) 513-8960
Nice pour shitballs! -- Scott Cotter, 2013 Bikes -n- Brew

Return to “Swope Park”