Parking Advisory

Trail Information | Check trail status
swopeRunner

Parking Advisory

Postby swopeRunner » Tue May 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Today, in the Swope trails parking lot, three vehicles had their driver's side window smashed by some criminals looking for an easy grab. This happens all too often in this isolated lot, but I wanted to post this as a reminder to everyone of the risk in parking there. Two of the vehicles had nothing taken from them, the third unfortunately had a wallet and phone taken from the glovebox. So as much as you're able, don't leave valuables in the vehicle, and consider parking in the spaces right next to Oldham Rd.

To reiterate what others have said, it would be nice if some security cameras were installed in this area...

Geezer

Re: Parking Advisory

Postby Geezer » Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 am

Bad, sad news.

TR
Terry - save the trails

Jones
ER Officer

Postby Jones » Thu May 17, 2018 8:16 am

Due to issues this winter/spring parking at the top of the hill was opened to users and Security cameras were slated to be installed I don't know if the cameras have made it yet but I know I have been parking at the top.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

Kevin H

Postby Kevin H » Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 pm

The last two times I've visited around 4:30-5:00 in the afternoon, the gate has been closed. Do you know if they will now be opening it or should we enter from the other side?

Jones
ER Officer

Postby Jones » Fri May 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Kevin H wrote:The last two times I've visited around 4:30-5:00 in the afternoon, the gate has been closed. Do you know if they will now be opening it or should we enter from the other side?

I do not know. All I can say is parks claimed that the top was being opened to MTB parking. This was in repose to a large outcry and lots of emails sent to the parks director after multiple brake ins. I do not know if this was just a quick statement that they made to get us to shut up or if they have actually followed through with their claims.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

Possum

Postby Possum » Tue May 29, 2018 7:01 am

Parking is allowed up top, in designated areas, but there has to be someone available to open the gate. This person also lives up top, and probably closes it sometimes when they will not be around.

DO NOT go up the back side road. This is a one-way road, and you may still encounter someone coming down. Park at the bottom, or at the golf academy.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

G_rupp

Postby G_rupp » Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 am

Possum wrote:Parking is allowed up top, in designated areas, but there has to be someone available to open the gate. This person also lives up top, and probably closes it sometimes when they will not be around.

DO NOT go up the back side road. This is a one-way road, and you may still encounter someone coming down. Park at the bottom, or at the golf academy.

Do not park in the Golf Academy parking lot. You will need to park on Blue River road. There have been complaints about using the academy parking lot.

Return to “Swope Park”