Fall Colors are ablaze!

Doug Long

Fall Colors are ablaze!

Postby Doug Long » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:57 am

Crowder and Indian Creek are prime for riding with dry conditions and fall colors. The Mo. Conservation Dept will have their fall drive through at Poosey Conservation Area on Sunday-Oct. 16th. This would be a perfect time to come up and ride the Green Hills trail at Indian Creek Community lake and then do the drive through in North Poosey. Yep, we call the conservation area north of Rt. A, North Poosey. The trails in North Poosey are multiuse, which means hiking, biking, and equestrian. Lots of great gravel grinding and the typical technical epic dirt trails that are shared with "Mr. Ed!" Expect steep terrain and understand why the settlers that came from Kentucky and "Appalachia" called this area home. Some say they are still making "moonshine" out there in the hills.

Primitive camping available at three sites at Poosey. Crowder has trails and campground.

I've started working on phase 7 of the extension of the Green Hills trail and hope to have the trail completed all the way to the north campground by summer 2012. Of course, the trails will be closed for deer rifle season and spring turkey season.

I will post trail closures here on the forum.

Tim Greene

Re: Fall Colors are ablaze!

Postby Tim Greene » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Doug, in addition to mountain biking that area, I think a fall gravel grinder could be in order....
--------- __o
------- _`\<,_
------ (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doug Long

Re: Fall Colors are ablaze!

Postby Doug Long » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 am

Was at Indian Creek doing corridor work on new section when 3 vehicles pulled into the parking lot loaded with bikes and riders. They were from Omaha, KC, and St. Louis. They had rode at Swope the previous day, Crowder, and had heard about Indian Creek through the grape vine. I think they were a bit impressed by what we had in our back yard in the Green Hills of north Missouri.

I hope to have the next 2.5 miles completed by summer 2012. Then I'm having a "trail warming" party!

Return to “Crowder State Park”