HOW ARE THE TRAILS READY FOR CAMPING/RIDING WEEKEND?

rjack

HOW ARE THE TRAILS READY FOR CAMPING/RIDING WEEKEND?

Postby rjack » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Hey Doug, I was wanting to plan a weekend camp/ride trip at Crowder and wanted to check if the trails are ready to do that yet. I know they were pretty trashed by spring storms so I'm not pushing you to get them ready....just asking.
Pain reminds you that your alive.

dgraham

Re: HOW ARE THE TRAILS READY FOR CAMPING/RIDING WEEKEND?

Postby dgraham » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:13 am

They were fine on labor day a couple weeks ago. Still a few trees down and a couple in bad places but no big deal.

Doug Long

Postby Doug Long » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 am

Hey all, we're in the process of reclaiming our trails at Crowder and Indian Creek. We worked 8 hours at Crowder on Saturday and I logged over 40 hours (yep, I said 40) at Indian Creek last week.

We are focusing on one trail at a time at Crowder. We started with "Tall Oaks" and will work north. We still have plenty of trees to cut out and lots of work to do in the creeks. The trails in the "flood plain" are rutted but they will always be that way until we get permission to reroute to the "upper contours".

The area where they ran the "power cut" with a bulldozer is one of the areas we are focusing to fix drainage problems. It's been a hell of a year.

I'll start posting updates as we continue with maintenance.

Michael Gier

Postby Michael Gier » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:07 pm

You're an animal, as usual, Doug. Thanks for all that you do.
Michael Gier
"If you don't like the system, all you have to do is change it. There's no magic key to the kingdom. Show up on a regular basis and get involved. You'll soon have more than you asked for."Todd Posson

Return to “Crowder State Park”