Crowder this weekend (10-11)

John Harter
Location: Newhalem Washington, in the heart of the North Cascades National Park

Crowder this weekend (10-11)

Postby John Harter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:20 am

Since I am not doing the B-fest thing I am going to go up to Crowder for the weekend. I am leaving Friday eve and coming back Sunday. I plan to take trail tools and do some work with the GHTA boys and do some riding. If anyone is interested let me know.

Food, brews and a campfire, damn that sounds good!
What's under my Kilt? Lipstick, on a good day that is.

carlrf

Re: Crowder this weekend (10-11)

Postby carlrf » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:12 pm

Hmmm. I am thinking................Never been there to ride. Heard it's pretty tough.?

John Harter

Postby John Harter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:46 pm

it does have some climbing and loose rock but would not call it too tough.

John Harter

Postby John Harter » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 am

MMMMM Crowder! Crowder is still very cool, a GREAT CAMPGROUND with brand new bathroom/shower building, big northern hardwood forests and rocky, hilly trails, good stuff for sure! The North Thompson loop is toast. Between the floods and the horses I would say it was a gonner for the MTB rider. The flood damage was amazing, there was a scour hole in one of the creeks that was about 60' long and probably 8 feet deep and all the rocks that were scoured out were dropped just downstream in a huge pile. The tall oaks and river forks are both good and the connectors are good. A bit of horse tromp on the south Thompson loop but passable.

The real gem of the trip was a guided ride with Doug down to Indian Creek trail. We started at the south end and rode it north. The very south end is not so much fun with some ugly fall line stuff but gets better and better as you head north. The trail is an out and back right now and about 6 miles long. It has some awesome views, really good flow and a lot of KICK YOUR ASS climbs. I was pretty much cooked when we finished, more cooked than I have ever been after just 12 miles. SS'ers beware, it HURTS. I highly recomend you put this trails on your MUST DO LIST!

Poosey information

Thank you Mr Long, it was a GREAT weekend

Return to “Crowder State Park”