Stocksdale condition

Trail Information | Check trail status
Muther

Re: Stocksdale condition

Postby Muther » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:24 pm

I rode today, Sunday, 03-Nov. I found no mud. The dirt was tacky to firm, and soft in a few places, but no outright mud. If you are running hardback tires, they will pack up a bit. Very good riding conditions today. You could really take the corners fast, no limit to the grip.

As long as there is not rain in the forecast, Stock's is a rockin'.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Hermanator

Postby Hermanator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Havent seen an update in almost a month. Anyone know what stocks is like?

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Hermanator wrote:Havent seen an update in almost a month. Anyone know what stocks is like?

I haven't been to SWW personally, but my guess is it's like all the other trails in town: only open if frozen. Still lots of freeze at night, thaw during the day going on.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Hermanator

Postby Hermanator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Last update says not even rideable when frozen, I was hoping for at least an upgrade from that. I'd kill for a ride out there in the 50's if it was dry enough.

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Hermanator wrote:Last update says not even rideable when frozen, I was hoping for at least an upgrade from that. I'd kill for a ride out there in the 50's if it was dry enough.

I didn't even look at the status, but now I'm wondering why not if it's frozen. ETA - I see the status is not ridable unless you have studded tires, and that might need to be updated. I think the ice may be gone by now.
If it gets to 50 it won't be rideable, I can almost guarentee that. There is still a lot of moisture in the ground waiting for warmer temps to muck up the trail. I'd say LRT might be you're only hope, and even that is iffy.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

mtwmbw

Postby mtwmbw » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Updating status in a minute.

All rideable now when frozen, but watch out for a little "black ice". NOT rideable above freezing. Despite the fact that we are in a drought all the moisture we have is in the surface.

I did a night ride last night and found many ruts and foot prints from people using in muddy conditions.

PlanetTony

Postby PlanetTony » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:19 pm

And I'll be darned...rode there Saturday (3/1) and those ruts and foot prints are still there!!??? :lol: The foot prints are far more annoying than I'd have thought... The frost heave is still pretty notable on the "new 1/2", as well. Still, best use of a 15 degree winter afternoon I've come up with in a long time.
If it has two wheels, (and...a motor, apparently/lately...) I wanna ride it!

2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2015 KTM 200 XCW
Giant XTC Advanced 27.5"
Giant TCR Advanced 1
Felt F65x
Echo Pure

Dr.Dover

Postby Dr.Dover » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:15 pm

I rode there Saturday as well. Agree on the muddy foot prints being rough and annoying. I was surprised they were as bad as they looked. I went out in my 50F gloves and hat on a 20F day. Couldn't keep warm and had to pack it up, get my cold gear and go ride SMV.
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

PlanetTony

Postby PlanetTony » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:43 am

I wish I may, I wish I might, I wish I could have dry Stocksdale trail tonight...

And yes, I'll put that wish in one hand and my road bike I the other, but dammit I'm breaking in DST correctly this evening one way or another!!

Happy after-work riding to all ;-)
If it has two wheels, (and...a motor, apparently/lately...) I wanna ride it!

2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2015 KTM 200 XCW
Giant XTC Advanced 27.5"
Giant TCR Advanced 1
Felt F65x
Echo Pure

Willis24

Postby Willis24 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 am

Want soooooo bad!
-Warren
Fast down; slow up.

Muther

Postby Muther » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:52 am

Well, we got a lot of rain last night (Tuesday, 11March) on already saoking wet muddy trails.

No Joy.

There's always Friz, gravel and pavement...

Hermanator

Postby Hermanator » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:15 pm

I went to the playground at Stocks with my son on Sunday, and the number of MTBs out there was insane. Everyone would ride right past the trail closed sign, then I'd see them walking back to the parking lot with their bike clogged with mud 10 minutes later. Didn't go look at the trails at all, but I would expect some problems when it finally does dry out.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Hermanator wrote:I went to the playground at Stocks with my son on Sunday, and the number of MTBs out there was insane. Everyone would ride right past the trail closed sign, then I'd see them walking back to the parking lot with their bike clogged with mud 10 minutes later. Didn't go look at the trails at all, but I would expect some problems when it finally does dry out.

If there was that many riders out there tearing up the trails, wouldn't a call to the park office or whoever been in order...when folks start getting tickets or such for ignoring the trail closed sign, maybe some of this would stop. Going past a trail closed sign is way beyond innocent ignorance, it is flat disrespect.
This thread likely ends here.

jlbay

Postby jlbay » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:34 pm

I would offer them some "flat disrespect" with a shiv in their sidewall.

Muther

Postby Muther » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm

I wouldn't go that far, I'd just remove all four valve cores.

Return to “Stocksdale Park/Walnut Woods”