What's happening

Trail Information | Check trail status
Muther

What's happening

Postby Muther » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:55 am

Anything going on at Stock's? Now is hte time to replant the grass we tore up in Nov/Dec.

I can re-seed it. And I will even buy the seed, but I need to know if it is a special mix, or just a regular agri-pasture mix. If it is native, I am not familiar with any seed sources local. I would need assistance there.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

mtwmbw

Re: What's happening

Postby mtwmbw » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Muther,

We would want to use native grass. I will check to see if the city has some.

If they do, and you want to reseed that area, that would be awesome.

I will get back to you.

LNTmatt

Postby LNTmatt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:34 am

If your looking for native seed vendors. Sharp Brothers usually has the best warm season grass prices, we've always gotten what we've ordered. Smells fresh, good germination rates.

http://www.sharpseed.com/

Muther

Postby Muther » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Will Liberty parks want us to do anything funky with it? I was just planning on spreading the seed, hand casting, or using my rotary, and trying to get it down into soil that is moist. then tramping it into the soil. I wasn't planning on roto-tilling, or doing much else to work in. If they want us to cover it with something (straw, hay, peat, whatever) do they or we provide that?

Also, I wasn't planning on keeping it wet, I was going to talk to Mother Nature, and ask her for the favor. Once OlatheJoe gets back in riding shape, that should gaurantee wet weather.

I don't mind paying, as long as the seed is reasonable. $1-$3/pound is OK, much more, and we'll have to look at things.

mtwmbw

Postby mtwmbw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am

I spoke to Clay Lozier last night (he is on the parks board). The city is going to reseed that area for us. Thanks for offering to do it though.

We have also asked the city to not mow and bale the field this year. Apparently they don't actually make any money off of it. So, hopefully the skills loop will go through an uncut field which will be aesthetically more pleasing. The native grasses are quite nice when they are about 3 feet high. Of course, the city is kind enough to actually mow the trail for us, so we will have a nice path.

Now, if we can just get those teeter totters built......

Muther

Postby Muther » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Do I at least get some cred' for the attempt?

1,000 Bonus points to the city, and CLay, for reseeding.

JTMRMC14

Postby JTMRMC14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Any idea if the trails will have dried out on Saturday? Really want to get out on the trails.

codyh12345

Postby codyh12345 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Supposed to rain Sat.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 pm

I think it is supposed to rain sat night into Sunday.
This thread likely ends here.

Return to “Stocksdale Park/Walnut Woods”