You aren't slow. You fall into the 75% of KC that really isn't affected too much by climbing. You might think climbs bother you, but they don't when compared to the other 25% of KC riders. I wouldnt say the climbs at stocksdale are worse or equivalent to BuRP. BuRP definitely has some long sustained climbs that suck pretty bad (good for health and fitness, still suck though). There are still climbs at Stocksdale and they drain me pretty bad. Thats just the thing: ALL climbs drain me pretty bad, not just some. Looks like you are rattling off 33 minute laps. The best I've ever done is 35.5 min lap and I can ride stocksdale with my eyes closed. From what I understand, this was your first time so you went pretty quick on top of not knowing the trail at all. Lots of people get dropped by the normal taco Tuesday crew. Those guys are some of the best riders in town both with endurance and skill so I wouldn't necessarily use them as the 'norm'. Putting skill with good endurance is a recipe for getting dropped from a group ride fast. Not only can the normal BuRP crew keep up a good pace, but mix in some good skills and it becomes easier to keep the momentum going. Not only that, you tend to use much less energy as a skillful rider since every rock on the trail doesn't slam into the front tire thus slowing down momentum and requiring more energy to get up to speed again.