Chad Rogers/Stocksdale?

Trail Information | Check trail status
Hermanator

Chad Rogers/Stocksdale?

Postby Hermanator » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Anyone go out to stocksdale Tuesday? Chad Rogers, a 30 year old guy with a 13 month old son, went missing in Liberty yesterday during a run. He was near there and some searchers are wondering if the trails have been looked at.

I did 15 miles tonight and hit everything in Hodge and on Old Barry road as that area had some concern too. This one hits close to home, I can't imagine being without my little boy. Say a prayer for him and his family tonight if you would. Search continues tomorrow, saddle up if you have some time.

Here's the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5077289 ... ment_reply

Neale

Re: Chad Rogers/Stocksdale?

Postby Neale » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Not that I've heard about. There were some of the guys from the Monday night ride still out there around dark (the night Chad went missing). Those guys didn't happen to notice him at the park or leaving, but I've been wondering this myself. The police seem to be concentrating on the Birmingham Road area, but SWW is definitely within his normal running range.
Self-deception isn't the worst thing we do, but it makes it possible for us to do the worst things. -Timothy Keller

smoovranger

Postby smoovranger » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Looks like they may have found the body:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/26/43 ... berty.html

Snoopy

Postby Snoopy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Oh man. Sooooo sad for his friends and family.....and even for the KC and Liberty area communities. This really seemed to have a grip on our city since the story broke. Not exactly sure why. Maybe just cause he's easy for a lot of us to relate to.....a young family guy just gettin' some exercise and the bam....its over, moved on to the other side, fam & friends left behind for now. Well, now its time to support those who loved him. Let's do what we can...... as a community, even if we didn't know him.
HAVE YOU WHEELIED ANYTHING TODAY?

tomy

Postby tomy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Indeed. Could very well had been any one of us....

codyh12345

Postby codyh12345 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Any details on how he died yet?

Muther

Postby Muther » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:17 pm

I am guessing that an announcement will be made monday.
I suspect/guess, since nothing was immidiately announced, that it will end up being self inflicted (some friends in law enforcement said that is common in situations like this, to give the family time to cope).

Either way, may he rest in peace.

I wish his family the best.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

codyh12345

Postby codyh12345 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

My uncle is a mortician and spoke with the ME that did the autopsy for Mr. Rogers... He died of natural causes. Sad deal. He was young.

Muther

Postby Muther » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:40 am

I heard the same thing this morning. Natural causes.

Yes, very sad.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Ken Miner

Chad Rogers/Stocksdale?

Postby Ken Miner » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am

Muther wrote:I am guessing that an announcement will be made monday.
I suspect/guess, since nothing was immidiately announced, that it will end up being self inflicted (some friends in law enforcement said that is common in situations like this, to give the family time to cope).

Either way, may he rest in peace.

I wish his family the best.

Spot on!
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I usually show up, shirtless on the TV show, "Cops". Stay thirsty my friends.

WhiteMike

Postby WhiteMike » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 am

I heard it was a heart attack. Possibly from some "pre work out" type of performance enhancers.

Either way, that sucks. Sure it's hard for all of his friends and fam. Wish them the best.

tomy

Postby tomy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 am

Not trying to be a dick, but is it possible illicit drugs may have been part of it?

codyh12345

Postby codyh12345 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am

I was told that a potassium deficiency could have played into it... Don't quote me on that though.

Ken Miner

Chad Rogers/Stocksdale?

Postby Ken Miner » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:45 am

I was told that mutant unicorns shot laser beams out of their eyes and had flame throwers for feet chased him in to the ports-potty. Don't quoted on this, though.

I suppose I'll offer my condolences to his family and friends and wait for the autopsy to confirm the unicorn theory.
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I usually show up, shirtless on the TV show, "Cops". Stay thirsty my friends.

codyh12345

Re: Re: Chad Rogers/Stocksdale?

Postby codyh12345 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Ken Miner wrote:I was told that mutant unicorns shot laser beams out of their eyes and had flame throwers for feet chased him in to the ports-potty. Don't quoted on this, though.

I suppose I'll offer my condolences to his family and friends and wait for the autopsy to confirm the unicorn theory.

That's some scary stuff right there... Had a similar thing happen when I was on PCP once. I survived though.

Return to “Stocksdale Park/Walnut Woods”