Weed Trimming

Trail Information | Check trail status
mtwmbw

Weed Trimming

Postby mtwmbw » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:51 pm

All,

SWW will likely need weed trimming again in the next couple of weeks. If you have the equipment and the inclination, we could use the help. If you don't have the equipment, we can arrange it.

Clay has a bum shoulder and it is difficult for him to trim, and he has been one of our stalwarts. I will be out trimming some, but I am also doing some trimming at Hodge and Kessler. With expanding trails, we could use an expansion of trimmers. The beauty is that it doesn't require a lot of skill, just dedication.

PM me if you can help and I can help coordinate the trimming.

PlanetTony

Re: Weed Trimming

Postby PlanetTony » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:03 pm

PM (text, actually :-)) sent
If it has two wheels, (and...a motor, apparently/lately...) I wanna ride it!

2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2015 KTM 200 XCW
Giant XTC Advanced 27.5"
Giant TCR Advanced 1
Felt F65x
Echo Pure

mtwmbw

Postby mtwmbw » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks Tony! Way to Earn Your Dirt

Hermanator

Postby Hermanator » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I did a CW lap last night, and came upon a pretty large branch down across the trail. I don't remember the section's name, is there a list that could jog my memory? I think by the numbers it was after 11 and before 9. Where are these rock drops located on the map according to the numbers? It was before them for sure.
Sorry, probly not that helpful. I ride it often but never pay much attention to the names and numbers, just recognize the features. I think I saw the one and only PlanetTony (I was the winded guy on the black rig) out there towards the end of my lap, he might have come across it as well and could explain better.

Joel

PlanetTony

Postby PlanetTony » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 pm

Ha ha! Hey Joel - you just looked as hurried in the "oh crap, I'm running out of daylight!" way I was feeling. Last mile or so of my CCW loop was pretty sketchy...but damn entertaining

Anyway, yeah, I about impaled myself on that same branch. Clay is aware and it likely has already been addressed...

As for weed trimming, the trail is in pretty darn good shape. I didn't realize how over-grown the skillz loop was until after I'd turned in weed-eater for bike. I hope to clean that all up Monday or Tuesday next week.
If it has two wheels, (and...a motor, apparently/lately...) I wanna ride it!

2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2015 KTM 200 XCW
Giant XTC Advanced 27.5"
Giant TCR Advanced 1
Felt F65x
Echo Pure

Return to “Stocksdale Park/Walnut Woods”