FNG Introduction to the SWW crew...

Trail Information | Check trail status
khaotic11

FNG Introduction to the SWW crew...

Postby khaotic11 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:45 am

Hey guys!

Just thought I would quickly introduce myself before tonight as I plan on attending my first meeting at the park. My name is Rusty Suhr and I pulled the trigger and became a paid member of Earthriders today. I just recently got into singletrack trail riding in the KC area (since April this year) and Stocks has become my favorite place to ride by far. I try to get on at least 3 times a week when its not muddy.
I'm very interested in joining the team of volunteers that maintain the trail. Are the forums the best place to sign up for work days at the trail or is the Facebook page better? I also ride Hodge often because it's a little closer to where I live, so I can help out there as well.
If you see me tonight please feel free to show me the ropes of the club. I'll be the short dude with 8 fingers on the Cannondale Trigger. Her name is Raquel.

Thanks!
"The trail never gets easier...you just get better" :twisted:

Olathejoe

Re: FNG Introduction to the SWW crew...

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 am

Easy to sign up to help, click on the volunteer link at the top of this page and fill out the form:

http://www.urbantrailco.com/
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

khaotic11

Postby khaotic11 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:17 am

Olathejoe wrote:Easy to sign up to help, click on the volunteer link at the top of this page and fill out the form:

http://www.urbantrailco.com/

Done! Thanks for the link.
"The trail never gets easier...you just get better" :twisted:

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:30 am

Welcome, Rusty, and thanks for your support & for getting involved.

Looking forward to meeting you tonight; I'll be the funny-looking guy on the Salsa Fargo.

pete
The essence of mountain biking is, and always has been, about riding your bike off road. Lycra/baggy, up/down, fast/slow - whatever. Just ride your bike. ~ Keith Bontrager

Muther

Postby Muther » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:57 am

Tonight, look for a couple guys named AMtt, and Clay. They should be there. They coordinate all of the work at Stock's. You can also get on the "Northland Mail Group" if you want. Ask Matt, or a guy named Neale. It is a mail group of northlanders who work on the northland trails (Hodge, Smithville, Stocks', among others).

Welcome.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Muther wrote:Tonight, look for a couple guys named AMtt, and Clay. They should be there. They coordinate all of the work at Stock's. You can also get on the "Northland Mail Group" if you want. Ask Matt, or a guy named Neale. It is a mail group of northlanders who work on the northland trails (Hodge, Smithville, Stocks', among others).

Welcome.

The sign-up on UTC will send all the info to the trail managers, but that doesn't mean you should not try to meet and thank Matt and Clay tonight.

And I guess as long as we are doing this, I'll be the Tom Cruise look-alike on a red/white stumpjumper, all 10 digits intact. :shock:
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

watts888

Postby watts888 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Tom Cruise? really?
"A hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtwmbw

Postby mtwmbw » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Olathejoe wrote:
The sign-up on UTC will send all the info to the trail managers, but that doesn't mean you should not try to meet and thank Matt and Clay tonight.

Well, that must not be working, because he said he signed up on the UTC site and I didn't get any email about it. Rusty, I may be out there (tall guy, beard, looking useless), Clay definitely will be. Clay is older guy (gray haired, rides a Camber, drives a green Subaru, very gregarious). Also, email me directly, woodym6 "at" gmail "dot" com. We have some upcoming work and would love to get you involved.

Muther

Postby Muther » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Is there any work this coming saturday, for me and my tow kids? Would love to help, and get a "buy in" from the kiddos.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

jlbay

Postby jlbay » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:25 pm

I think I'll be out there sans bike.

Dr.Dover

Postby Dr.Dover » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:37 pm

I got the notification from UTC signup. I'll get you added to the group mail list right now.

Ben :D
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Stocksdale Park/Walnut Woods”