White Tail Re-Route

Trail Information | Check trail status
flynn

White Tail Re-Route

Postby flynn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:57 am

Just a quick shout-out to all of the work that has been put in on the re-route of White Tail Loop. We had a great time out there yesterday and I can't wait to ride it more once it gets beaten in.
Thanks for all that you do to make WyCo a fun place to ride!
I use my fat bike as an excuse for why I'm slow, but I really just suck at riding.

Jones
ER Officer

Re: White Tail Re-Route

Postby Jones » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:32 am

flynn wrote:Just a quick shout-out to all of the work that has been put in on the re-route of White Tail Loop. We had a great time out there yesterday and I can't wait to ride it more once it gets beaten in.
Thanks for all that you do to make WyCo a fun place to ride!

Glad you enjoyed it as things continue to get burned in and packed down we will revisit some sections. I know 2 of the small wash crossings are a bit abrupt and one needs some additional armoring. Also there are are a few spots on the deep bench climb that need a bit of tread work. But were getting there.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

offroadgator

Postby offroadgator » Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 am

Ditto on the thanks! Love Wyco. Does anyone know why it drys faster than any trail out there? All I know is that after most rains, I can count on everything else being closed while Wyco is probably open! Cheers

Jones
ER Officer

Postby Jones » Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 am

offroadgator wrote:Ditto on the thanks! Love Wyco. Does anyone know why it drys faster than any trail out there? All I know is that after most rains, I can count on everything else being closed while Wyco is probably open! Cheers

lots of factors composition of the dirt, natural grades of the hills and valleys, design on the trail layout trail grade, switchbacks etc, angle of the tread base. compaction of the tread etc. lots of crazy science and art coming together to make a whole bunch of fun.

Glad your enjoying if you ever want to get involved and learn the art of the trail drop by www.Urbantrailco.com or send me a Email TrailMasonCliff@Gmail.com and we will get you invites to trail days.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

Return to “Wyandotte County Lake”