White Loop help

Trail Information | Check trail status
itp1978

White Loop help

Postby itp1978 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 am

I tried to do a full lap on the White Tail trail and wasn't sure what do when I get to a gravel intersection. I park by the rowing trailer and turn right on the White Tail loop. After a bit there is a hill with gravel and I wasn't sure where White Tail started back up. Thanks for any information anyone has.

Jones
ER Officer

Re: White Loop help

Postby Jones » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Well lets see first you could take a picture of the map on the kiosk and you would see that what your describing seems to be the first intersection you come to after you enter whitetail trail (FYI you take a left). Also Whitetail trail is shown with lavender arrows on the carsonite signs at every intersection so you could follow those (FYI you take a left). Oh and if you want to get really fancy you could also use MTBproject.com on your phone and it will show you exactly where you are on the trail map at any point in time.
No Guts No Glory, No Brains Same Story

itp1978

Postby itp1978 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 am

Thanks. I will take a left and follow the lavender markers. I was looking for white markers.

watts888

Postby watts888 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:53 am

Ultimately, get lost. Everything at WYCO in that area is worth riding, so just ride. That bit by the gravel road is confusing though if you're not familiar with it. Once you ride it though, super easy to get back to it. Only other confusing area is crossing the road to the far west loop. Getting across that road and knowing where the trails start back up can be a challenge. MTBProject is great in that regards.
"A hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

Return to “Wyandotte County Lake”