KC Corporate Challenge 2017

...with good intentions. Discuss road riding, commuting, routes, etc.
muxon

KC Corporate Challenge 2017

Postby muxon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:54 am

LOL! Race day is Tuesday April 11. Who needs training?

Guess my goal will be sub 9 minutes. :P
Scott Smith
Redline Monocog 29er | Cannondale CAAD10 | Diamondback CCX | Jamis Aurora
Ride Logs: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013

flynn

Re: KC Corporate Challenge 2017

Postby flynn » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Sub 9-minute mile? :P
I use my fat bike as an excuse for why I'm slow, but I really just suck at riding.

ScottL
ER Officer

Postby ScottL » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:48 pm

I think I am doing it, considered passing just because I barely earn points M40+ in div A and haven't trained for this type of riding.

muxon

Postby muxon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:44 pm

I think I'm going to skip it. I've had an exceptionally lazy winter and there's just no possible way I'd be pushing anything near a competitive level.

I usually also sign up for the team tri bike leg, but even that's only going to be two laps (~9 miles) this year... seems like an awful lot of hassle to get out to SMP at 5:45am on Father's Day Sunday just to do 28ish minutes of riding.

Too much challenge or not enough challenge. Make up your minds!
Scott Smith

ScottL
ER Officer

Postby ScottL » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:24 pm

muxon wrote:I think I'm going to skip it. I've had an exceptionally lazy winter and there's just no possible way I'd be pushing anything near a competitive level.

I usually also sign up for the team tri bike leg, but even that's only going to be two laps (~9 miles) this year... seems like an awful lot of hassle to get out to SMP at 5:45am on Father's Day Sunday just to do 28ish minutes of riding.

Too much challenge or not enough challenge. Make up your minds!

Understandable. I'm in good shape, but not training for a 3 mile road bike sprint. I'm more over the event too, time trial, going out the speedway to ride for < 10 minutes. That said, I will do it anyway.

The duathlon I still like as a personal challenge, about the only time I'd try to do this type of thing(road event). If I had to pay for it, I wouldn't do it, but I don't mind heading out to SMP, it's only 20 minute drive from my place. I don't like how early it is though!

muxon

Postby muxon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Well, looks like the times were about the same as always. I'm a little surprised, but maybe I'm the only one who gains a lot of weight and goes completely sedentary for four months in the winter and has to start back over at zero in the spring. If I had been able to repeat my 7:51 time from last year, I would have ended up with 4th place M30 B division, and 16th overall. I just didn't see that happening based on my rides so far this year.
Scott Smith

ScottL
ER Officer

Postby ScottL » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 am

muxon wrote:Well, looks like the times were about the same as always. I'm a little surprised, but maybe I'm the only one who gains a lot of weight and goes completely sedentary for four months in the winter and has to start back over at zero in the spring. If I had been able to repeat my 7:51 time from last year, I would have ended up with 4th place M30 B division, and 16th overall. I just didn't see that happening based on my rides so far this year.

It's hard to say for me, I think my effort was about the same as last year, but was 15 seconds slower. For M40-44, the wind picked up. At 7pm it was calm when I was there and warming up..at 8:30 gusts in the mid 20's, coming around at the end of lap 1 was brutal, hardest I've had out there. Kinda fun, my overall ranking was better: about 13th vs 18th last year. The very top guys on high $$ TT setups didn't slow down as much, but the field of riders mostly did.

Return to “The Road to Hell is Paved...”