First 3,000 mile year done!

...with good intentions. Discuss road riding, commuting, routes, etc.
muxon

First 3,000 mile year done!

Postby muxon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:15 pm

I've been averaging around 2,500 miles per year since I got serious about road biking and I've always thought 3,000 miles in a year would be a good milestone to push for. But winter mornings and short daylight have kept me to a max of 2,828. That is, until today!

http://www.muxon.com/bike-mileage2017.html

This was really just a matter of getting up and riding on weekdays before and after the daylight season, and particularly just grinding the last couple of weeks out, but I feel accomplished. It also helped that the weather this year cooperated and I was able to get thirteen 50+ mile rides in during the summer and early fall.

I don't really see how 4,000 in a year will be possible without sacrificing way more free time than I already do (or maybe until I start biking to work) so it looks like I'll be stuck here for a while. The next big milestone I have on my radar should be at the beginning of 2019 when I'll hit 24,901 total miles tracked, which is the circumference of the earth at the equator.

Here's some stats from the last ten seasons. Orange values are approximate since I didn't track that stuff way back when.

Not sure why this year was so much slower... probably a different GPS or something. :lol:
Scott Smith
Redline Monocog 29er | Cannondale CAAD10 | Diamondback CCX | Jamis Aurora
Ride Logs: 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014

Return to “The Road to Hell is Paved...”