Road bike Pedals

...with good intentions. Discuss road riding, commuting, routes, etc.
Lahmian

Road bike Pedals

Postby Lahmian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 am

hi, im about to be new to road bikes!

i am buying a bike that comes with no pedals and i need to know of any bike pedals that are platform and i would like carbon if possible.
i cant stand the thought of clipping my feet to a pedal so i just want platform peds.

i do like the Shimano hybrid pedals but id rather carbon and maybe a bit smaller.. any ideas?
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

watts888

Re: Road bike Pedals

Postby watts888 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:30 am

Any alloy or magnesium pedal would fit the bill. If you're going platform, I wouldn't look at lightweight as the priority. I'd focus on a good pedal/shoe interface.

I understand not using road clipless pedals, but why not SPD? They really are easy to clip out of, once you remember you need to clip out. And performance gain for road is amazing.
"A hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

Dr.Dover

Postby Dr.Dover » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Shimano A600 - as light as regular road pedals, SPD interface. Super tough. Clip in on the road. It takes your mind off of having to try to keep your feet on the pedals at a higher cadence.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

Lahmian

Postby Lahmian » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:14 am

thats a nice ped but you still clip into it.. i just wanna be able to use any shoes like my running shoes, cant do that on these styles of peds =(
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

flynn

Postby flynn » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:16 am

Other than the crabon fibre part, you're describing the Shimano PD-A530. It's aluminum and doesn't weigh all that much.

If you must have a set that contains crabon fibre, you could always look at the Shimano PD-5800. I've had the resin version of this pedal on my road bike for some time now and riding on them in regular shoes isn't as difficult as most other pedals.

Go buy either of these from your local bike shop.
I use my fat bike as an excuse for why I'm slow, but I really just suck at riding.

Return to “The Road to Hell is Paved...”