Mountain Bike Trip 2015

Ride reports from across the country.
Lawson_Raider

Mountain Bike Trip 2015

Postby Lawson_Raider » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 am

I am opening a thread to see who is interested in heading west with me this year.

Dates are: Aug 30 - Sept 5, 2015.

Plan is to leave after work Saturday, August 29th about 5:00pm and be back Saturday, Sept 5th.

Location: Fruita, CO being the base camp with side trips to other locales the group decides to ride. Places could be: Moab, UT, Crested Butte, CO, Salt Lake City, UT, St. George, UT. (I really want to try Thunder Mountain and the Gooseberry Mesa). However, will ride with group concession so will be open for vote and side trips obviously being in the realm of what the group can afford.

I am hoping by then I will be sporting an F-150 with capability to haul 4 adults comfortably. The Ranger has way too many miles on it and only sits 2 adults comfortably.

Expenses to be spread amongst the group: Gasoline for truck, Camping Fees, Parking Fees, and any group activity fee that is incurred. Each participant is responsible for their own food and drink expenses and personal expenses such as shower/washing clothes/ and any other individual expense.

The only caveat to this open invitation is that this trip is dependent on my wife's health situation and my work situation. I am not 100% a bona-fide Missouri resident as of this posting - still waiting for final approval from my employer to make my residence here permanent so there still exists possibility that I may have to move back to Utah. So this trip may be canceled at any moment or the logistics of the trip be changed at a moment's notice. I will try my best to make the trip as I have been doing this for the past 4 years and is the one thing I really look forward to doing each year.

So each participant who wants to go should make Plan B arrangements in case I find myself back in Utah by the time of the trip. If I find myself back in Utah and my wife's health situation permits, I still plan to make the trip - it will just be that the participants from Kansas City will have to group together to provide transportation to Fruita and back.

That being said, who wants to roll west with me this year?
This thread likely ends here.

Itsjfm

Re: Mountain Bike Trip 2015

Postby Itsjfm » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:21 am

I'm in.
Jim

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:55 am

Itsjfm wrote:I'm in.

Awesome! 8)

tgraham1

Postby tgraham1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:54 pm

I'm going to tentatively put my name on the list.

tomy

Postby tomy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Lawson_Raider wrote: so there still exists possibility that I may have to move back to Utah.

Not acceptable. :evil:

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:57 am

tomy wrote:
Lawson_Raider wrote: so there still exists possibility that I may have to move back to Utah.

Not acceptable. :evil:

The agony is I love it here and love Utah as well. Friends and family are main reasons I want to stay here.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:59 am

tgraham1 wrote:I'm going to tentatively put my name on the list.

Awesome. There are two vehicles allowed on the site and site is large enough for two large tents and maybe a small one. If more than 4 want to go. Then can caravan to the site.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Update: My pastor at the church I went to in Ogden is a mountain biker and looks like he is in for all or part of the trip.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:09 am

Update: I now own a 2012 Ford F150 SuperCrew truck so definitely room for 4 to go. Being that my pastor is coming in Utah, will need to keep one of the campsite parking for him when he gets down there. Gonna be an awesome trip and awesome time!

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:39 am

List of trip attendees so far:

From Kansas City:

Myself
Lamont - tentative
itsjfm
tgraham1 - tentative
Ben from work - tentative

From Utah:
Pastor Jeremiah

My F150 can seat 5 adults very comfortably so tentatively if all 5 go, then my vehicle is full. The campsite only allows two vehicle so that is already filled. So options would be for anyone else that wants to join would be:

1) Put your name on the tentative list and if other tentatives can't go, then you are more than welcome to ride along with me. The tentative list goes first come, first serve in order of committing to the trip.
2) Purchase a campsite ($20 a night with $7 a night vehicle fee) and drive out there.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:02 am

Since the trip falls on Labor Day weekend, I went ahead and reserved the campsite so we are locked in with a bona fide campsite no worries on that.

Campsite came to $150 for the 7 nights. I will cover my pastor's part of the camping fees so I will take the $150 / # of participants and I will pay mine and his part of it.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 am

Trip Update:

In:
Lawson Raider
itsjfm

Tentative:
tgraham1
Lamont - Bike shop

So seats are open for 2 - 3 more to go on the trip as only have 2 confirmed so far. 5 1/2 weeks left until departure so always open to whoever wants to throw their hat in to go. Pastor from Ogden will come down for a day or two to ride.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 am

Trip Update:

In:
Lawson Raider
itsjfm
tgraham1

Tentative:
Lamont - Bike shop

Have 1 - 2 seats open now that have 3 confirmed going!

Cbo-pleasanthill

Postby Cbo-pleasanthill » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:45 am

I'm going to be biking around Fruita that same week staying at the state park CG in Fruita from Sunday night through Thursday Morning. Don't know you guys but if you all don't care, maybe I'll ride a day or two with you.

If you want, PM me and we can work out details.

Andy

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:40 am

Cbo-pleasanthill wrote:I'm going to be biking around Fruita that same week staying at the state park CG in Fruita from Sunday night through Thursday Morning. Don't know you guys but if you all don't care, maybe I'll ride a day or two with you.

If you want, PM me and we can work out details.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I am sure all will be great with that....always exciting to meet new riders and make new friends!

Return to “Cheatin' on KC”