Oakridge, OR

Ride reports from across the country.
trek8

Oakridge, OR

Postby trek8 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:01 pm

Hello all,
Just got back from almost a week in the Bend, OR area. I know that there was a topic of Bend, OR in here somewhere but just wanted to add Oakridge, OR to it. It is some incredible mountain riding. I have done McKenzie River Trail before and it is amazing for sure, but if want to test your limits on a mountain bike, take a Cog Wild tour up to Oakridge. It has it all. Your nerves get a little frazzled going 20 mph down technical singletrack but you will have nerves of steel by the time the day is over. Also, if you are around Bend, the Mt Bachelor bike park was a lot of fun. We did the black diamond runs and they are not hardcore black diamonds, but probably closer to some intense blue diamonds. They get pretty technical in spots, but all pretty manageable. They just opened a double black diamond that we didn't have the sack to try though. All in all, I don't know why every mountain biker doesn't make that trip if they are considering mountain biking destinations. Oh yeah, they have a ton of great beers besides Deschutes, try the Crux Fermentation Project's Nitro Fence.

Mnason
ER Officer/Site Admin

Re: Oakridge, OR

Postby Mnason » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Sounds awesome. Pictures?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

trek8

Re: Oakridge, OR

Postby trek8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:40 pm

One of the other guys that went on the trip is putting some footage together and he will put it on here once it is complete. He hopefully will have it done in the near future.

Return to “Cheatin' on KC”