Raccoon Mountain, TVA trails, Chattanooga

Ride reports from across the country.
bohemian

Raccoon Mountain, TVA trails, Chattanooga

Postby bohemian » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Just outside Chattanooga. Great trails, about 10 miles or so now. Basically layered rings of trails around the mountain. There's a killer downhill run on the north side. Bummer is, it's a 700 foot climb back up the single-track, worried about someone else bombing down, or a2 mile or so ride up the road. Shuttle service, anyone?

Google trails, Raccoon Mountain, TVA. It will pull up the trail map. If you drive to Georgia or Florida from here, you go right by it. It's 5 minutes off the interstate.

RR

Re: Raccoon Mountain, TVA trails, Chattanooga

Postby RR » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:59 am

I've ridden here many times. The perfect stop on a trip to Florida. This system is very well built and maintained. It also has my favorite trail name ever - The N-trail.
Check out Aretha Frankenstein's for eating. The only place I know that you can get beer with breakfast.
"How can i be mad at my enemies when I'm the one that made them that way?" - Red Skelton

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 am

RR wrote:IThe N-trail.

Took me a minute to get that. My first thought was that south of the Mason-Dixon line, N- anything tends to be somewhat racial.
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

bohemian

Postby bohemian » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:27 pm

You know how those Kansas boys are, Joe. Wait, I guess Lawrence isn't like the rest of KS.

offroadgator

Postby offroadgator » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 am

Just rode this system 2 weeks ago. Did 2, 2 hour rides. Burnt out a brand new set of brake pads going down high voltage! Wow. It is super cool.

Return to “Cheatin' on KC”