The Calling

The Chaplain

The Calling

Postby The Chaplain » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 am

Did anyone else receive "The Calling" during this Easter Weekend?
It echoes from the Boulevard, drawing one in
and it's hoppy goodness is here and gone like Smokestack Lightning!
Happy Easter,
The Chaplain
:D
May the good Lord Bless
What is on my mind,
Comes off of my tongue...
and remains in my heart.

tomy

Re: The Calling

Postby tomy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:50 am

Have you been hanging out with Fender Bender, because this made no sense at all :wink:

Toxis

Postby Toxis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:23 am

UNOFFICIAL SLOWEST RIDER OF '11 & '12.
SLOWEST REGULAR RIDER OF '13, '14, '15 and beyond I'm sure.
Bought a fat bike to hold the record...

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

tomy

Postby tomy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:28 am

yawn

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:33 am

WWJD...what would Jesus drink?
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Somefearinhere

Postby Somefearinhere » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 am

tomy wrote:Have you been hanging out with Fender Bender, because this made no sense at all :wink:

at least he posted it in the right forum.
Max

All Religions Are Fairy Tales

tomy

Postby tomy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:58 am

Olathejoe wrote:WWJD...what would Jesus drink?

Wine... and lots of it

Chancellor

Postby Chancellor » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 am

tomy wrote:
Olathejoe wrote:WWJD...what would Jesus drink?

Wine... and lots of it

I swear it was water a second ago...

Geezer

Postby Geezer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Chancellor wrote:I swear it was water a second ago...

:) :) :)

Terry
Terry - save the trails

Insomneous

Postby Insomneous » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:41 am

Have tried The Calling and have decided I'm bummed that Double Wide went away.

That does not mean it isn't good, just that I don't like it. Everyone has different tastes right? That's what makes the world fun. In that vein, I was just turned on to Elevation triple IPA. It's outstandingly good but with 11% will knock your socks off. Like one of my other faves, G'Knight. Lovely but packs a right hook that would make Ali jealous. In other words, be careful out there kids if you're tasting either of these.

Does anyone know why BLVD kilt the famous and deliciously awesome Double Wide?
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Muther

Postby Muther » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 am

With only so much space, I am sure the brew chieftans moved on to other recipes. Just like if all you cook is the same five or six dishes for dinner, you quickly get a bored chef. Good restaurants are always updating their menu. Good brewers do the same thing. If it was that good, I am sure it'll come around again.

In the mean time, save up, and buy a garage refridgerator. Then when it does come around, buy as much as will fit in your new garage 'fridge. Put pint glasses in the freezer side. Beer like that will age/mature in the bottle very, very well at about 37F. After a few months, or even a year or more, it should improve.

Don't belive the hype about "born on dating". That is a marketing gimmick. Many good beers need to be aged properly (dark and cold) to reach their full potential. Some for months, some for a year or two.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Aaron
Location: North Haverbrook, USA. The name conjures up intrigue and romance.

Postby Aaron » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 am

Muther wrote:With only so much space, I am sure the brew chieftans moved on to other recipes. Just like if all you cook is the same five or six dishes for dinner, you quickly get a bored chef. Good restaurants are always updating their menu. Good brewers do the same thing. If it was that good, I am sure it'll come around again.

In the mean time, save up, and buy a garage refridgerator. Then when it does come around, buy as much as will fit in your new garage 'fridge. Put pint glasses in the freezer side. Beer like that will age/mature in the bottle very, very well at about 37F. After a few months, or even a year or more, it should improve.

Don't belive the hype about "born on dating". That is a marketing gimmick. Many good beers need to be aged properly (dark and cold) to reach their full potential. Some for months, some for a year or two.

There are so many things wrong with the above statement it makes my head spin..

Brewers and Breweries make and sell what they like and most importantly what sells. Double Wide just didn't sell in a market that is thoroughly saturated with really good and better IPAs. Boulevard's Unfiltered Wheat Beer and Pale Ale beers, together comprise more than 60 percent of Boulevard's sales

Hops, the main flavoring in an IPA begin to lose their flavoring compounds as soon as you turn off the heat to the boil. IPA's are meant to be drank as fresh as possible to get all those nice hoppy flavors and aromas. They generally do not age well and maintain the flavors an IPA is brewed for.

Frozen glasses??? What are you a heathen? Unless you want to numb your taste buds.

Most recommendations for proper cellar aging of beer suggest dark and temps around 55 degrees +/-.

I have beers that are 5 and 6 years old and I know of others who age into the double digits, depending upon the style and alcohol content.

Well That's Fantastic!!
This signature has been cancelled due to sequestration

Sasquatch1413

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:06 am

Aaron, you are obviously wrong.
My what big wheels you have.

Opie

Postby Opie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:25 am

Aaron wrote:Frozen glasses??? What are you a heathen? Unless you want to numb your taste buds.

Similar to my Vinturi aerator, I drink my beer through a pin-holed straw to let the air mingle and release aromas and soften bitterness. From a chilled, stemmed glass of course. And no beer sits in my fridge longer than 12 days. I like them pert and vivacious -- not stale, tired and hoary.
“There is no such joy in the tavern as upon the road thereto.” ― Cormac McCarthy

tomy

Postby tomy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 am

Sasquatch1413 wrote:Aaron, you are obviously wrong.

I know right.. Muther knows best :roll:

I always tell people around here that I like to be proven wrong. Only tried IPA a few times and didn't like them. I like most pale ales. How about a recommendation on an IPA that will satisfy my less than sophisticated tastes???

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”