support of local businesses

bohemian

support of local businesses

Postby bohemian » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:58 pm

For those of you who like local, beer, local beer, or anything local, or generally like small business in America:

I posted this review on Google today, after discovering that some sleazeball in New York, vindictive enough to try to squash a larger company, but still, independent company, and a local one at that. Please feel free to email/spam them on Google/Yelp/Facebook/whatever, or tell me to screw off--whatever fits your fancy:

Review:
Vindictive bastards. Three reviews on Google? Really, come on, you have more employees than that. Or do you? You turd. Founded fall of 2014? The name black squirrel precedes you by, like a millennium. Seriously, do you have nothing better to do than write a cease and desist letter to a new/small, though extremely popular and well managed microbrewery in Missouri?? I mean, WTF?? Get a life. Oh, no, wait. You're a damned lawyer yourself. Get a real job. But the owner of this brewery had a real job, before starting this real job. He wasn't a lawyer. Before you contact Bryce, screw yourself. I'm not associated, nor affiliated with the brewery. I am a patron of the brewery, and have been since day one. Their Russian Imperial Stout, at ~12% alcohol content, formerly named Black Squirrel (no, don't flatter yourself, they didn't name their beer after your piss assed company: they named it after a mammal commonly found throughout the eastern US, including Missouri, you dumbass (http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field ... x-squirrel). Get a life, get a job. You want to write myself a cease and desist letter? Go for it, you pretentious prick. My email address is drgacummins@gmail. I'd love to hear from you. I'm buying some property in the northeastern US, where I was born, shortly. Honestly, I haven't had the opportunity to try your beverages yet, as they're distributed in, well, Buffalo. But, if I were you, and glad I'm not, I'd pay your web designer the back pay, as your website doesn't work. Oops!! With the caveat of not having tried your beverages, if you're still around in a couple years, I'll make sure to stop by and piss in your casks, and improve your beverages once I buy my property.

The business that is local is Cinder Block Brewery, in North Kansas City, MO. It is owned by a couple local guys (KC natives, North KC, at that), and the brewmaster is none other than Brian Buckey, of 75th Street Brewery fame. The asswipe in New York, is a sleazeball attorney, who formed a new, small scale rum distillery in Buffalo, New York (in my review, I report that I have not been there, and indeed I have not, nor ever will, now). At any rate, this prick sent a cease and desist letter to the owners of Cinder Block Brewery, in reference to their fall seasonal, BLACK SQUIRREL, now known as "Russian Imperial Stout", or Black Squirrel. It was renamed due to the cease and desist letter. Yeah, Special-ed bicycles did this with the Cafe Roubaix Bicycle Studios bike shop in Canada a couple years ago, and Trek is now doing it against Subaru (good luck with that one, Trek) in regards to the name CrosTrek SUV. Prior to that Roubaix thing, Special-ed sued Revalate Designs, formerly Epic Designs, over their name, as "Epic" was "owned" by Special-ed. Yeah, good luck with this one, little microdistillery lawyer dude in NY.

I'm riding this Saturday and Sunday urban style, and may or may not hit Kessler Park (reportedly the only dry trail in KC recently), and will indeed hit Cinder Block for some great ~11% BLACK SQUIRREL RUSSIAN IMPERIAL STOUT!!

Buehler??

Muther

Re: support of local businesses

Postby Muther » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Smooth and Flowey has Krug opening tomorrow. If you've never been, you should try it. It is a real gem up there.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

bohemian

Postby bohemian » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Raced there about 18 years ago. Also, undergoing hernia surgery in 2 weeks, so local and easy is my speed. Must. Behave.

Muther

Postby Muther » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:51 am

Ugh, hernia, been there done that, twice, once was double inguinal hernioraphany (if the old mem' serves, that was its name).

For sure take it easy, heaviest thing you can lift is a decent sized bible.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”