Speed shop or mechanic

KBarb

Speed shop or mechanic

Postby KBarb » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:00 am

I have a restored 84 Chevy truck with a built 383. I'm new to KC and looking for a mechanic to help with a few projects. Does anyone have leads? Here's a pic of the old girl.

Toxis

Re: Speed shop or mechanic

Postby Toxis » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am

My first car was a '76 Scottsdale so I've always had a thing for that body style.
UNOFFICIAL SLOWEST RIDER OF '11 & '12.
SLOWEST REGULAR RIDER OF '13, '14, '15 and beyond I'm sure.
Bought a fat bike to hold the record...

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Sasquatch1413

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:56 pm

Nice truck, I've always had a soft spots for the 73-75 but thats sharp. I had a 75 for a long time as my first vehicle. No leads on a good mechanic though, I always did my own work.
My what big wheels you have.

KBarb

Postby KBarb » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. I bought it from the original owner when I was 15. Had her ever since.

Muther

Postby Muther » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

It depends on what part of town you are in, and what you need. For parts, LMC Truck's main Warehouse and shop in in Lenexa. For mechanics, I know a pretty fair amount of folks, but they are all in the Missori side. Most are hotrodders, one is a digger, he owns a Duster running in the single digits, another is a ledsledder. His current project is a bagged and big blocked 54 Chevy.

There are several places in Lenexa that have good prices on parts. If you need chrome work done, Custom Chrome in Olathe is top notch. They are in the expensive side, but it's better than sending your parts to Mexico and then having them "lost" by the shop.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Muther

Postby Muther » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Nice build by the way. Anything found on in the suspension? How "built" is that 383.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

KBarb

Postby KBarb » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Muther wrote:It depends on what part of town you are in, and what you need. For parts, LMC Truck's main Warehouse and shop in in Lenexa. For mechanics, I know a pretty fair amount of folks, but they are all in the Missori side. Most are hotrodders, one is a digger, he owns a Duster running in the single digits, another is a ledsledder. His current project is a bagged and big blocked 54 Chevy.

There are several places in Lenexa that have good prices on parts. If you need chrome work done, Custom Chrome in Olathe is top notch. They are in the expensive side, but it's better than sending your parts to Mexico and then having them "lost" by the shop.

Thanks Muther. I'm looking for mechanical work. Transmission has a leak, I think the timing is off and I would like a few other projects done. Do you think any of your guys would be interested? I live at 103rd and State Line but can travel for the right work.

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”