BikeSource changing go Eriks?

Bucketthead

BikeSource changing go Eriks?

Postby Bucketthead » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:13 am

Reading online looks like BikeSource has been sold. The new owner does
not show Santa Cruz as bikes they carry. This must fall under the heading of Anarchy. At least the two Kansas stores.

Toxis

Re: BikeSource changing go Eriks?

Postby Toxis » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:44 am

Heard this a while ago. Wondered when the name change will occur.
UNOFFICIAL SLOWEST RIDER OF '11 & '12.
SLOWEST REGULAR RIDER OF '13, '14, '15 and beyond I'm sure.
Bought a fat bike to hold the record...

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Bucketthead

Postby Bucketthead » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:18 pm

What I read said sometime in October... :roll:

Hawkgx

Postby Hawkgx » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:53 am

I thought someone told me that they would retain the brands they currently carry but will be adding Pivot and Bianchi at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucketthead

Postby Bucketthead » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 pm

Hope so

btreff

Postby btreff » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Hawkgx wrote:I thought someone told me that they would retain the brands they currently carry but will be adding Pivot and Bianchi at a minimum.

I have heard the same - no current brands will be dropped and adding Pivot (don't know about Bianchi).

Opie

Postby Opie » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 am

I read that kinda hoping Carter and Schuster teamed up to operate it. But then, the apostrophe would've needed to move.
“There is no such joy in the tavern as upon the road thereto.” ― Cormac McCarthy

tgraham1

Postby tgraham1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Any idea if they are going to honor the BikeSource lifetime adjustments? They say they will honor all agreements on bikes purchased from BikeSource but turn around and say that they will be allowed to use 'Erik's Extras' which is only 2 years of free adjustments.

I asked them on facebook and my post was deleted.

Bucketthead

Postby Bucketthead » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:09 pm

tgraham1 wrote:Any idea if they are going to honor the BikeSource lifetime adjustments? They say they will honor all agreements on bikes purchased from BikeSource but turn around and say that they will be allowed to use 'Erik's Extras' which is only 2 years of free adjustments.

Website says one free tune up within the first year.

Bucketthead

Postby Bucketthead » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Bucketthead wrote:
tgraham1 wrote:Any idea if they are going to honor the BikeSource lifetime adjustments? They say they will honor all agreements on bikes purchased from BikeSource but turn around and say that they will be allowed to use 'Erik's Extras' which is only 2 years of free adjustments.

Website says one free tune up within the first year.

And free adjustments for one year.

CBouff

Postby CBouff » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Just bought a stumpjumper FSR there today (sun 10/9) which is the last day as Bike Source. Part of the selling point was to get it today so that lifetime adjustments were included --> so they will be honoring them going forward. They are closed the week of October 10 to do all the conversion and rebranding. As indicated in prior post they are continuing with specialized in Santa Cruz but also adding Pivot.

Possum

Postby Possum » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:51 am

I have heard that BikeSource, as a company, was all about the Big S. It sounds like Erik's is more into selling a "diversified portfolio", which I think will be good for KC. Staff should stay the same, so I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Flowrida
Location: Eastern Jackson County, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Postby Flowrida » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 am

I was out at the Overland Park store for a meet and greet last weeks with the Erik's and Grip N Rip guys. It looks like all the same guys are working there. Probably the most knowledgeable bike staff in KC. I can turn a wrench but if I really bugger something up I take it to them. From what I gather the transitions to Erik's was so get more buying power. Just the KC locations changed and the Denver/NC shops stayed Bikesource. Erik's is one of the biggest Specialized dealers in the US and thus should bring lower bike prices to us. Even before the merger the op and leawood store carried parts in stock that nobody in the metro did. I didn't really ask or check about other brands besides Big S.
I like to complain and do nothing to make things better. Kurt Cobain

bohemian

Postby bohemian » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:54 am

Good thing they don't primarily sell Orange bikes, or Flowrida would have referred to the Big O in his prior post. :shock:

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”