Need help from you Beer Drinkers

Hawkgx

Need help from you Beer Drinkers

Postby Hawkgx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 am

I've been trying like mad to locate a particular brew around town: Ballast Point Mocha Marlin.

Since visiting Santa Cruz / SoCal last year and getting introduced to Ballast Point beers, I've become a BP fan. Keep hearing about their Mocha Marlin but have struck out trying to find it here in the metro area so I can try it. Anyone come across it here locally that can point me to the right store?

flynn

Re: Need help from you Beer Drinkers

Postby flynn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:54 pm

I'll keep an eye out. Usually don't pay attention to the Ballast Point selection due to how pricey they seem to be, but that's beside the point.
I use my fat bike as an excuse for why I'm slow, but I really just suck at riding.

Hawkgx

Postby Hawkgx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah, definitely not an every day brand but I do like most everything I've tried from them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:27 pm

Have you tried Founder's Breakfast Stout? Seriously good beer. Sounds similar. My LIQ stocks BP. Ill look next time I'm in.

Hawkgx

Postby Hawkgx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:12 pm

Oh yeah. Founder's Breakfast is an excellent stout. I'm not generally big on stouts but that's a good one. So is Old Rasputin Imperial Stout. That's probably my favorite stout so far (but I have an extremely limited experience). I have a Blue Moon Oatmeal Stout waiting in the fridge for me. I've heard it's another solid stout.

I'm still pretty new to beer drinking, but I enjoy trying a ton of different ones to better "educate" myself. At least that's the reason I give to my wife.

Back on topic... most stores I've checked carry at least a few different BP beers, but no Mocha Marlin yet.

JDubKC wrote:Have you tried Founder's Breakfast Stout? Seriously good beer. Sounds similar. My LIQ stocks BP. Ill look next time I'm in.

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 pm

I'll probably get blasted for saying this but a Porter and a Stout are the same thing. There I said it. Let the bombardment begin.

watts888

Postby watts888 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:00 pm

JDubKC wrote:I'll probably get blasted for saying this but a Porter and a Stout are the same thing. There I said it. Let the bombardment begin.

Blasphemy, you are the devil.

FYI, all stouts are porters, but not all porters are stouts. One of those crazy circle in a circle diagram things.
"A hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

Geezer

Postby Geezer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

I get Natural Light at Lukas - usually a 30 box every couple weeks or so. Next time I'll look for that beer. It might be stocked near the Natty.

TR
Terry - save the trails

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:29 pm

watts888 wrote:
JDubKC wrote:I'll probably get blasted for saying this but a Porter and a Stout are the same thing. There I said it. Let the bombardment begin.

FYI, all stouts are porters, but not all porters are stouts. One of those crazy circle in a circle diagram things.

Ahh Yes.. a "Stout Porter" became simply a "Stout". You are very wise.

Aaron
Location: North Haverbrook, USA. The name conjures up intrigue and romance.

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:48 pm

JDubKC wrote:
watts888 wrote:

Ahh Yes.. a "Stout Porter" became simply a "Stout". You are very wise.

Watts, You nailed it.

Jdub, I don't know you and I don't like you......... ;-)

I will look for the mocha marlin. I know I've seen it in KC but not sure where or when. It appears to be a limited release and most brewers are releasing stouts and porters this time of year so it should be out or out soon

Often times you can ask someone behind the counter and they will order and hold it for you, or let you know when it becomes available. .
Like bike shops, and all good retail establishments, if you develop a relationship with the purveyors, they will go out of there way to make happy customers.
This signature has been cancelled due to sequestration

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:49 am

C'mon now Aaron.. I've been to your house to get some hops for a brew. (Which turned out meh... Temperature thing) At least say you know me and don't like me :)

watts888

Postby watts888 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:55 am

JDubKC wrote:C'mon now Aaron.. I've been to your house to get some hops for a brew. (Which turned out meh... Temperature thing) At least say you know me and don't like me :)

Did you share the beer?
"A hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:00 am

Okay well... not THAT brew (which was a Porter ironically enough). BUT I did bring some homebrew as payment for the horticulturist.

Aaron
Location: North Haverbrook, USA. The name conjures up intrigue and romance.

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:34 am

Oh yeah, that's been awhile. I think you brought me a black saison to try??
If I remember right that one was pretty damn good in an interesting, "WTF is a black saison?", way.

We should collaborate on a black IPA. Now we are on to something.

I still don't like you...... :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer:
This signature has been cancelled due to sequestration

JDubKC

Postby JDubKC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:12 am

No eta but I was told K7 Liquors is expecting it. .
22088 W 66th St, Shawnee, KS 66226
913-667-3810

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”