Beer(s)

chokeslam512

Re: Beer(s)

Postby chokeslam512 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 am

Toxis wrote:The 80 acre/Hoppy Wheat is quite tasty. Had one last night and it was a nice change.

I have also been enjoying the hoppy wheat varieties. Some worth trying: Schlafly Yakima Wheat, Mother's Sandi Wheat, Magic Hat Encore

Opie

Postby Opie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Just got back from Colorado for a short ride/hike/relax weekend. Obviously had to get an obligatory sixer of canned Dales but I also hoisted some 400lb Monkeys from Left Hand Brewing Co. I really like this beer - not a hopsplosion like other IPAs, but a great, smooth drink for those times I don't necessarily feel like sucking on pine needles. Good stuff and so were the rides.
“There is no such joy in the tavern as upon the road thereto.” ― Cormac McCarthy

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Where is a good place to get some of the O"Malley's cream ale? They had some at Spiderfest and I really loved it.
This thread likely ends here.

chokeslam512

Postby chokeslam512 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 am

Lawson_Raider wrote:Where is a good place to get some of the O"Malley's cream ale? They had some at Spiderfest and I really loved it.

I think I've seen it at Red X in Riveside. If I recall correctly, they carry the full line of O'Malley's brews.

jlbay

Postby jlbay » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am

You should be able to get it at any Berbiglia or go to Olive or Twist in Liberty. Does Kearney have a decent liquor store?

Possum

Postby Possum » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:22 pm

HyVee.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

thedukefamily

Postby thedukefamily » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Speaking of hy-vee and 400lb monkey. went to the 64th street store to try some. i was informed that the sixers they had were removed because of moldy packaging. ie they'd been there a while. damn the luck i really wanted buy some today. but.....hyvee will soon have left hands porter. wooohooo

chokeslam512

Postby chokeslam512 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:59 am

Now that it's cooling off a bit, I'm beginning to crave the HG selections. I picked up a case of O'Dell Mountain Standard from Harry's Country Club for $36 a while ago and haven't gotten into it yet because of the heat. Had one last night and remembered why I buy it by the case.

JonDot

Postby JonDot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 am

This weekends haul.

Pink

Postby Pink » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm

If I remember correctly Rago said several pages back that he finds Stone IPA beer lacking. Since it was still rather new to me, although I agreed with him, I didn't post anything about it. Now, after a couple of six packs since he wrote that, I still agree with him.
I come from a long line of people who convinced others to sleep with them.

bohemian

Postby bohemian » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Brought me back a case of natty bo, or natural bohemian for you non-balmers. Also for yous non baltomiorians, it's pronounced bal-mer.

ptooi
Site Admin

Postby ptooi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 am

Dr.Dover

Postby Dr.Dover » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 pm

ptooi wrote:World's most photogenic man? rawwwr

"The wife loves her stouts and porters." Riiiiiight.... that's how I justify my beer stash too. :wink:

You forgot to mention that you are also the "Princess".
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

Aaron
Location: North Haverbrook, USA. The name conjures up intrigue and romance.

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:43 pm

I wondered how long it would take before you "jokers" would find this.

They were able to do some great editing to make me look like less of a dork somehow.
This signature has been cancelled due to sequestration

Ogar

Postby Ogar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Aaron wrote:I wondered how long it would take before you "jokers" would find this.

They were able to do some great editing to make me look like less of a dork somehow.

I was just going to comment on how proper editing can make nearly anyone seem almost intelligent
Nice pour shitballs! -- Scott Cotter, 2013 Bikes -n- Brew

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”