Beer(s)

Pink

Re: Beer(s)

Postby Pink » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 am

I come from a long line of people who convinced others to sleep with them.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 am

This thread likely ends here.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:40 am

The parade of pint glasses - sans the Suds Bros glass I got after this pic was taken.

quannum

Postby quannum » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 am

scored some of this while in MPLS a few weekends ago. quite possibly my favorite coffee-tastin' beer

family forum cock balls ban me.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 am

quannum wrote:scored some of this while in MPLS a few weekends ago. quite possibly my favorite coffee-tastin' beer

An interesting combination...At least you will be awake when you get drunk.. :?

FlatLander

Postby FlatLander » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:02 pm

quannum wrote:scored some of this while in MPLS a few weekends ago. quite possibly my favorite coffee-tastin' beer

Why can I not buy Furious in Kansas City? And why can you buy all the good rare BLVD in the Twin Cities? Those upper mid-westerners are some beer greedy SOB's. Second best place for beer I have been to outside of Bend OR. No BLVD there though.
Micah Luffman

AaronJobe

Postby AaronJobe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Oatmeal Stout Should be done around Christmas
Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon.

Aaron
Location: North Haverbrook, USA. The name conjures up intrigue and romance.

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Q&A: Hopslam 2013 release info and availability at the Eccentric Cafe

Josh Smith | Bell's Brewery

Below are a few answers to some of the more commonly asked questions about this year’s Hopslam release.

Q: Is there more Hopslam this year?

A: Yes, we were able to brew more this year, but availability will still vary from area to area.

Q: When/where will it be available?

A: Hopslam will start shipping to areas in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio the week of Jan. 7.

It will begin shipping to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri and Arizona the week of Jan. 14.

It will then start shipping to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Kentucky and Pennsylvania the week of Jan. 21.

Keep in mind, availability will also depend on delivery and trucking schedules, so please be patient with your local bars, restaurants and retailers.

You can also keep an eye on our website’s Event Calendar for release party information as well as our website’s Beer Finder.

Q: Will there be mini-kegs this year?

A: Unfortunately, no. We want to spread as much of this popular winter seasonal to as many of our fans as possible.
This signature has been cancelled due to sequestration

AaronJobe

Postby AaronJobe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Try mothers winter grind.
Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon.

smoovranger

Postby smoovranger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 pm

This was the first I've heard of this beer, but I called Gomer's North, and they should have some in Tuesday:

http://www.boulevard.com/a-grainstorm-is-coming/

The best way to build a Black Rye I.P.A., in our opinion, was to formulate what we thought was a very good Rye I.P.A. and then add grain to make it dark in color. We wanted to influence beer’s color, but not create a beer that had strong roasted or chocolate character. Midnight Wheat from Briess ended up being just the ticket to give the beer a dark color without the typical flavors associated with darker malts. It was a goal of ours for this beer to produce a completely different hop profile than any beer Boulevard had previously brewed, so Amarillo and Simcoe were chosen as the impact hops for this beer. It’s true, Tank 7 does feature Amarillo, but the Simcoe added a pungent, punchy character that changed the aroma and flavor quite a bit. The dry hopping was supplemented with Citra to deliver a bigger, fruity, citrus character.

Dr.Dover

Postby Dr.Dover » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:27 am

Now this is an excellent idea! The 360 can.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

tomy

Postby tomy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Any suggested beer joints in downtown Chicago?

Sasquatch1413

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Dr.Dover wrote:Has anyone seen/tried Tallgrass Velvet Rooster? I want to get some, but have not seen it on shelves.

This is one of my new favorite beers. Got a heck of a kick but still smooth and velvety. You can get em in cans too so they're great to throw in your pack.
My what big wheels you have.

smoovranger

Postby smoovranger » Thu May 09, 2013 12:20 pm

What happens if Boulevard and Sierra Nevada get all freaknasty?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/08/4225731/boulevard-brewing-co-teams-up.html

Pink

Postby Pink » Sat May 11, 2013 9:26 am

5 Old-School Beers We Wish They'd Bring Back

Some interesting history about the beer industry in America, even if you don't care about these 5 beers.

Just because a beer drinker hasn't jumped headlong into the growing craft beer industry or the small brewers that bolster it doesn't mean they prefer "bad" beer. It may just be that the good beer they remember doesn't exist anymore, and no "craft" brewer wants to take the time to revive that beer's legacy.

Contrary to popular belief within the craft community, America's love of beer didn't begin when President Jimmy Carter lifted the national ban on homebrewing during the 1970s and breweries such as New Albion and Sierra Nevada started springing up and dumping trailer loads of hops into their kettles. While it's true there were only 80 breweries in America in 1983, and six of them accounted for 96% of the beer Americans consumed, it wasn't as if everyone was happy about that fact.

Despite Prohibition cutting the number of working breweries in America from more than 2,000 in the late 1800s to zero from the 1920s into the early 1930s, there were 750 breweries in operation across the country by 1936. Regional brewers were everywhere and breweries such as Ballantine and Sons in Newark even produced porter, stout and a product it called India Pale Ale, which was somewhat less hoppy than today's IPAs but bitter enough to serve as a direct ancestor.

[...]
I come from a long line of people who convinced others to sleep with them.

Return to “Politics, Religion, Anarchy, etc.”