Interesting

Trail Information | Check trail status
tomy

Interesting

Postby tomy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 am

Made my first stop here over the weekend. Nice little trail system. Gotta ask though, where the heck does the Farmtastic loop supposed to go? Greg and I rode it CCW twice and each time, after we passed the concrete footings, we got lost spit out on what appeared to be social trails, not well maintained etc. Noticed the green and blue arrow signs but..... I'm confused. :homer:

Neale

Re: Interesting

Postby Neale » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 am

Tom,
That is exactly what it does....dumps into some old 'scout' trails that were built years ago (a lollipop has been ridden extensively over the last several months if you hang a left past the foundation).

We are currently trying to get the city to approve another chunk of ground that will allow us to build another mile of trail that will complete the Farmtastic loop. Waiting on the city....
Self-deception isn't the worst thing we do, but it makes it possible for us to do the worst things. -Timothy Keller

tomy

Postby tomy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 am

Ah... that 'splains it. Thanks for helping me figure out my confusion.

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am

I am really impressed with what the trail gurus was able to pack into only 4 miles of total trail - I really enjoyed the trail system (my first time riding it as well) - Farmtastic was my favorite of the two loops and really had a lot of fun flow. Farmy deserved to have a trail named for him. I enjoyed riding with him a few years ago at Fruita.
This thread likely ends here.

Possum

Postby Possum » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 am

It's almost like Neale knows what he's doing. :)
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Lawson_Raider

Postby Lawson_Raider » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 am

Possum wrote:It's almost like Neale knows what he's doing. :)

I brag about you guys to everyone I talk trails with all the way over in Colorado and Utah. What you guys can do with so many miles of trails in the KC area is just outstanding and still amazing to see. When I lived in Ogden, UT for 7 months in 2014, they had lots of singletrack there too but there was no "official" organization that does what you guys do here - what trailwork gets done there is basically the bike shops giving a shout out to the locals and whoever showed up did the work.

Kansas City is tremendously blessed to have trail people like what we have here.
This thread likely ends here.

Possum

Postby Possum » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Lawson_Raider wrote:
Possum wrote:It's almost like Neale knows what he's doing. :)

I brag about you guys to everyone I talk trails with all the way over in Colorado and Utah. What you guys can do with so many miles of trails in the KC area is just outstanding and still amazing to see. When I lived in Ogden, UT for 7 months in 2014, they had lots of singletrack there too but there was no "official" organization that does what you guys do here - what trailwork gets done there is basically the bike shops giving a shout out to the locals and whoever showed up did the work.

Kansas City is tremendously blessed to have trail people like what we have here.

We really are truly lucky to have so many talented and dedicated individuals in the KC trail community.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Geezer

Postby Geezer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 am

Lawson_Raider wrote: Kansas City is tremendously blessed to have trail people like what we have here.

Yes, we are. :)

TR
Terry - save the trails

josephpayne

Postby josephpayne » Sat May 13, 2017 4:32 am

Hey there, I love this. Its amazing.

Return to “Hodge Park”