Rozarks status

Trail Information | Check trail status
ScottL
ER Officer

Rozarks status

Postby ScottL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:50 am

Rozarks is open and currently most of it is in great shape.

There is one pretty bad spot on the upper line between MtMarty(below the arch) and Fisher park. We plan to do some work on that as we already tore that spot up with the race last Sunday, so I am not worried about messing it up. You can ride through if you want, but as an alternative, if starting from Fisher Park, you can ride down the powerline cut to the deadend of Cherokee St and then climb the switchback from there into Mt Marty park, and reverse. I did that last night without issue. When entering from Fisher, go right across the first bridge then stay left down into the powerline cut. See map:
https://goo.gl/maps/uZYzgkhkKs52

The bad line is the one to the right of that. We plan to do some rock work and repair to make that area more ridable in marginal times, since most of Roarks has been ridable for a while.

Also, between Fisher Park and Minnie St there is a new lower line we opened this month(not yet in google, which is otherwise up to date) which is pretty fun with some dips and climbs in contrast to the flat existing line through there. It is fully ridable and only needs a few minor touch-ups.

pitdaddy

Re: Rozarks status

Postby pitdaddy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:55 pm

I just walked Kold Kar at Roanoke. It is dry as a bone!

ScottL
ER Officer

Re: Rozarks status

Postby ScottL » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Yeah, even that bad spot is probably ridable now, I'm going to run it after work, most of it is indeed bone dry

Return to “Rozarks”