My first core ride

Trail Information | Check trail status
KBarb

Re: My first core ride

Postby KBarb » Fri May 20, 2016 9:41 am

My buddy and I had been planning to ride yesterday after work for a while. Yesterday I was lamenting all of the rain we've been having and the "closed" status of all the local trails. Then I noticed that Kessler was open and my day was made.

We made it to the trail around 6:30pm. It was a little difficult for us to find a trail head, but once we did we had a great time. It's pretty amazing to have a trail like that in the urban core. Plus, some of the views are beautiful. We had a great time and owe a big thanks to all the people who made and maintain the trail - thank you.

I'll be back to Kessler again. Although I have to admit that I'm glad I wasn't by myself. The area is a little more sketchy than I though it would be. Maybe I'm a sissy or I've spent too much time in the burbs...

shoffner

Postby shoffner » Sun May 29, 2016 8:27 am

Thanks for coming out! It's definitely been a tad bit of work :) next time hit me up and I'll give you the tour.
ROZARKS - Roanoke and Rosedale neighborhoods' nature trails
KESSLER - Cliff Drive/Historic Northeast

URBAN DIRTY RACE SERIES
http://urbandirty.wordpress.com

Team Colavita/Parisi
Powered by Volker Bicycles

Jason5906

Postby Jason5906 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Rode this trail for the first time. Found the trailhead? hopped in to the right, ended up on a disc golf course after a bit. Someone said cross the bridge and there were more trails. Crossed the bridge and found the skills section of the trail, it was closed because it was wet. Road down the road, saw the mountain bike trail on the left, couldn't really access it from the road. Is this place overly complicated to just stay on the trail or did i stray from the path too much. It looked like a straight line on the map but I didn't have much luck actually staying on the trail.

mrimmink

Postby mrimmink » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 am

This is kind of the norm for an urban trail, but if you use MTB project app it really helps getting your bearings straight. It worked well on my first ride there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssotaku

Postby ssotaku » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 am

For extra tasty xc goodness, just park by Kansas City Museum, ride halfway down the hill on pavement until you see single track on the right (just before the road turns sharply to the left), and stay right where Big Grin Gooseneck splits off to left. The east side trails (Scarritt Forest and Indian Mound trails) were just trimmed (except a tiny section close to Scarritt Point) and are effing MONEY!

Return to “Kessler”