Sunbridge Hills Conservation Area

Check trail status
Smooth&Flowey

Re: Sunbridge Hills Conservation Area

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 am

Possum wrote:Well he probably wanted you far away from his land so that he could build "private" stuff without being seen.

I had suspected that very thing last year.
Can you dig it? I do.

Geezer

Postby Geezer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 am

Smooth&Flowey wrote:No problem. Short version: illegally built trail, a neighboring landowner is doing it, and he made a stink to the MDC Area Manager regarding where they should/shouldn't have trails. The way I am "reclaiming" the land to it's natural state, or the process of reclaiming it, I read from the IMBA regarding rerouting old fall-line trails. After they open the new routes they would do a relaimation to restore the old trail to a more natural state. Which is what I did to the illegal trail. I returned it to its natural state. I was unaware that the term wasn't commonly used, in that manner, around here.

Thanks, I get it.

TR
Terry - save the trails

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 am

If he's building in the conservation area it seems like that is something you can get stopped? Am I missing something?
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

Possum

Postby Possum » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 am

You may have to set up a trail cam in the near future to get a pic of him for proof. MDC won't take his unwanted encroachment too lightly.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:26 pm

I already notified the area manager at MDC and both agents. The area manager is going out there tomorrow to see it. I didn't erase the whole thing. I did do most of it so they would know that we're onto them. Trail cameras are prohibited, so I would have to get permission or see if MDC would put some up themselves. Plus, we are pretty sure who is doing it. I could fill out an incident report with the agents. But if they catch them in the act, it's easier to immediately issue citations on the spot vs. my word against the builder's word in court. Anyway, MDC is aware and are going to see what's left of it tomorrow.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Olathejoe wrote:If he's building in the conservation area it seems like that is something you can get stopped? Am I missing something?

Yea, we're on it. Not really missing anything. I'm just so mad at the guy for making all these demands on where public trails should be on public land. And then he goes and violates multiple area regulations in the process of building his own unauthorized trail within public land.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:11 am

I want to remind people that spring turkey season begins Monday. Use caution if you must ride before 1 PM. In my experience, not all hunters are aware of where the no shooting zone begins. So, assume the unexpected and it's probably best to just avoid the area until after 1 PM. Otherwise, use appropriate caution.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Mostly good news with Sunbridge. I've been working on a small loop in the far north of Sunbridge. The main goal is to have nice access to the Wildlife Area that borders to the north. The connector trail that was roughed-in over the winter has overgrown but I have been going in at the new trailhead at the very end of Huntoon Road. While I still need to ascend another 20 feet, the corridor now extends all the way to the Wildlife Area and is halfway rideable. I'm so excited because it's going to be another descent to play on. It's almost entirely raw and some of the off camber turns really need a bench to improve flow. Once I have a full loop (of rideable corridor) I'll get back on the connector work starting with the two creek crossings. Also, MDC has been slacking a bit. I had requested a small nettles-thick area to get sprayed. Last time I checked, it was nearly overgrown in the worst spot. I hope it's just a red tape issue and it gets done soon. Otherwise, I'll have to skip the building for a day to trim that area again.
Can you dig it? I do.

Return to “Krug Park”