Big Thanks

Check trail status
Smooth&Flowey

Big Thanks

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 pm

I can't believe this was up since Monday morning and I hadn't checked the forum before going to KC Devo. Thanks ptooi for setting it up! Thanks pitbull 'cause you gave me the heads up and I'm sure you had some say in this. Thanks bdavis for driving up from Olathe and posting his comment about our trail. Thanks RiceBurner for your posts. Thanks Toxis for voicing your opinion on our behalf and J. Higgins for doing the same and your comment about Krug being one of your favorites. Thanks Cliff Jones for offering your help and trying to organize a group ride (even though the heat messed THAT weekend up). And a HELLAVA HEAP OF THANKS to Muther! You've expressed your love for Krug, you've pushed for Krug's own trail status section/forum, and I've read you directing others our way in other forums. Anyone else who has pushed for this, I appreciate it. Anyone who might have complained that Krug Park seemed to ALWAYS be the most recent post in the Mountain Biking forum, thanks to you, too! And thanks to the Academy, damnit, wrong speech.

Right now, the trail status's "edit" button isn't active. So, just so everyone knows, we JUST missed this evening's rain. We're still OPEN, for now.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date on all of St. Jo's trails, conditions, issues, and all the usual stuff!
Can you dig it? I do.

Muther

Re: Big Thanks

Postby Muther » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 am

You are welcome.

For those that have not been up there, you really need to go. Krug really is one of the better trails I have ridden anywhere. It is hilly, very much so, but if my fat (260pound) arse can do it without putting a foot down, then so can you.

It is for the most part very smooth, few, to no rocks, very hilly, and very, very flowy. Krug has some features not present on any trail in the area (bowls, right after powerline). If you go soon, don't let the current coditions fool you, the city work, there are still bridges out, and significant damage has been done by ATV/Moto's.

Maybe this will section will drive more business at Krug, and help drive the Illigal use down.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Muther

Postby Muther » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:50 am

Monday is Stocksdale.
Tuesday is BuRP.
Wednesday is Smithville, Landhl, and SMP, and Wyco.
Thursday is Urrban Dirty.
Friday is (or will be) Hodge.

If a weekly ride is set up, it'll pro'ly have to piggy back on Tuesday, as not a lot of Northlanders go to that. FYI, I live in Liberty, and from my house (behind Price Chopper / Sutherlands / Biscari Bro's) it takes me an hour to be at the trailhead.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:32 pm

It's quite a coincidence that you mentioned Tuesday. Currently, the local group ride IS on Tuesday. They don't always ride Krug but they have quite a bit since we got it trimmed. Due to my odd availability,I have never done the group ride. (I'm the guy who rides midday with the trails all to himself). They usually add Sunbridge or something else onto Krug. I'll ask the ride leader to set his plan earlier than usual to allow me to post it here. Then everyone can decide whether to hook up with them. They don't park in Krug because alcohol is prohibited and they always have a cooler with them. On Krug rides they park across the road so they can drink beer. Anyway,I'll post the group ride details as I get them and, of course, everyone is free to decide from there.
Can you dig it? I do.

J. Higgins

Postby J. Higgins » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:28 pm

I saw this show up on my text messages a week or so ago and was VERY happy! I'm just slow to get on the boards!!!

AWESOME!!!

Now we need to get Gunn Trails in Ft. Scott on the twitter/text list. Yep, I know I'm greedy!!!

Muther

Postby Muther » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:23 pm

J. Higgins wrote:I saw this show up on my text messages a week or so ago and was VERY happy! I'm just slow to get on the boards!!!

AWESOME!!!

Now we need to get Gunn Trails in Ft. Scott on the twitter/text list. Yep, I know I'm greedy!!!

I don't disagree.

I see these forums becoming an extremely powerful tool for the mountain biking community in NE Kansas, and NW Missouri.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:48 pm

I can't say, for sure, what factors were involved in the decision to give Krug it's own spot in the Trails section. But if I had to guess I suppose the fact that I kept the Krug info coming and that it was getting views had something to do with it. If one of the Fort Scott stewards or riders are willing to start doing the same, it would be a good first step.
Can you dig it? I do.

Muther

Postby Muther » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:30 pm

No doubt that, but I think it is a lot of factors. Wanting to get all the area trails in one place. Having trail status updates is important, but only if the stewards, and other trusted folks keep them up to date and accurate. I think that having sustainably built trails, that are well maintained, and done so within IMBA guidelines is also important.

Krug and the St Joe trails, are excellent trails, that are well maintained, by a dedicated group of people, they are well built, nicely maintained, they are proper MTB/Mixed use trails, built on land where the landowners are OK with it.

There are trails at Longview, but those trails, and many others i nthe area, are NOT on here, because they don't meet up with ER's requiremnts. Krug does so with gusto.

J. Higgins

Postby J. Higgins » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Muther wrote:No doubt that, but I think it is a lot of factors. Wanting to get all the area trails in one place. Having trail status updates is important, but only if the stewards, and other trusted folks keep them up to date and accurate. I think that having sustainably built trails, that are well maintained, and done so within IMBA guidelines is also important.

Krug and the St Joe trails, are excellent trails, that are well maintained, by a dedicated group of people, they are well built, nicely maintained, they are proper MTB/Mixed use trails, built on land where the landowners are OK with it.

There are trails at Longview, but those trails, and many others i nthe area, are NOT on here, because they don't meet up with ER's requiremnts. Krug does so with gusto.

Having ridden and been in contact with the gentlemen that maintain the trails at Ft. Scott, I believe that they qualify as well. However, that's just my opinion.....

Return to “Krug Park”