Saint Joseph Workdays

Check trail status
Smooth&Flowey

Saint Joseph Workdays

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 pm

We're much more informal here when it comes to workdays. We don't do them as often as we probably should. My schedule has prevented me, until this weekend, to do ANY of our organized group workdays. I usually just go do what I think needs the most attention on my own. I know clydsdal (RT) does this too. Anyway, I thought I'd add this thread so I could keep everyone informed about what we have happening on some of the other trails. If we have a Krug specific workday, I'll probably post it here and the Krug Park thread.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Re: Saint Joseph Workdays

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:53 pm

This Saturday at 7:30 AM we'll be knocking out Corby North. For those who don't know, it's the easiest trail here. 2 miles+ of VERY smooth root free singletrack. It USED to be kid friendly but the expansion of the Urban Trail System (our paved path network) chopped half of the trail off. Now there are some short steep parts that most kids would have to walk. It's my 8 yr old's favorite simply because of a tunnel near the end! It is fun because you can get really fast on it but you have to slow down for the tight turns after each long stretch. It's not a trail you would want to do on its own. It's good for adding a couple miles on after riding Corby South.

It's gotten bushy and the nettles and poison ivy are thick toward the end. It's short enough that we should finish it fast enough.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 7;30. I'm gonna have to miss Kessler XC if we don't get more rain up here. Trail work first.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks to the crew that came out this morning: Justin, Brad, Blake, Randy, and myself. We finished Corby North. Thanks Tim and Juston for getting the head start on it.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 am

Following up on the trimming at the Corby trails, we'll be spraying the poison ivy and nettles patches Sunday morning at 7. Hopefully, this will keep them from coming back for most of the season.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:46 am

I've been told that the spraying has gotten done this week. We're tentatively shooting for 8AM at Krug to get something done for most of the bridges.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Thank to the small crew that helped this morning. Details are in the Krug Park thread.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Tue May 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Been a long time posting in this thread. We do things differently in Saint Joseph. We're doing a workday at 5:30 PM, Thursday. We usually have enough equipment for everyone. But, I might be surprised at the turnout. Bring a trimmer or bushwhacker just in case, but you probably won't have to use it. Fuel provided. And beer. Meet at Girl Scout and Brownie off the Parkway if you're interested.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm

I was shocked at the turnout for last week's workday. 20-25 people. So many that I don't know, for sure. Maybe it was because we worked Girl Scout. Surprisingly, it's our most popular trail. I've talked to lots of people that are scared of Krug and Sunbridge! I learned how to ride at Krug! Blows. My. Mind. I digress. We'll see if the turnout for Krug is as big as Girl Scout. We're meeting at the top of Krug at 5:30-6:00, Thursday.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:25 pm

We are doing a workday Saturday morning at Sunbridge Hills Conservation Area. We're meeting at the main parking lot at 9:00. We're repairing a sinkhole on the trail and will be moving a bunch of dirt. Bring a shovel and/or rogue hoe, if possible. We're working until about 12-1:00. Any latecomers are welcome to join us. We will only be about a 1/4 mile in on the main trail, just past the cemetery.
Can you dig it? I do.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:34 pm

I apologize to my non-Facebook folks. We have had much news in the way of new trails. We officially have a Cooperative Agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation to expand the Sunbridge Hills trail system. While work has already begun, this is the first planned workday.

Saturday, Dec. 10 from 9-Noon is the time. We're meeting at the main parking lot.
Can you dig it? I do.

Chancellor

Postby Chancellor » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Smooth&Flowey wrote:We officially have a Cooperative Agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation to expand the Sunbridge Hills trail system.

Congrats!!!!

Return to “Krug Park”