Check trail status
thedukefamily

Krug opened

Postby thedukefamily » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:13 am

Can't edit trail status. Krug is rideable

Smooth&Flowey

Re: Krug opened

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks. We got hammered northeast of the trails. But they were mostly spared. Tons of folks out there today, too. Cheers!
Can you dig it? I do.

gymrat832003

Postby gymrat832003 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:25 pm

I had a chance to ride krug last thursday. Killer trail! I thought I was in shape before I rode lol. I loved the flow and all the bridges. Just fyi tho parts were a little overgrown....mainly the first few miles and there was also a tree down around mile 4. I will ride again and be better prepared for the climbs. Thanks again for the awesome trail!

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:25 am

Thanks for checking it out. We got the first couple miles (the worst stuff) trimmed now. We're hoping to finish it later this week. I'm never prepared for Krug's hills, but I love those fall-line downhill runs!
Can you dig it? I do.

gymrat832003

Postby gymrat832003 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:39 am

I bit it pretty good on the chute. To bad nobody was around because I am sure it would have been a pretty good show

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:15 am

The only preparation for the chute would be riding a bobsled track. I'm often surprised at our group rides when several people choose to walk down it. People who have a lot more experience than I.

I know you are not complaining, but (just for conversation) I get more reroute requests for that than anything else. Sure, it's the most unsustainable piece of erosion out there. And it can be even more dangerous when it gets filled in with leaves. But it's so fun. I'll never change it. Unless I put a bridge over the top and corkscrew into it!

Thanks for the tree info again. As of yesterday, the downed trees are cut and nearly all shagginess has been abated.
Can you dig it? I do.

Muther

Postby Muther » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:49 am

Smooth&Flowey wrote:The only preparation for the chute would be riding a bobsled track. I'm often surprised at our group rides when several people choose to walk down it. People who have a lot more experience than I.

I know you are not complaining, but (just for conversation) I get more reroute requests for that than anything else. Sure, it's the most unsustainable piece of erosion out there. And it can be even more dangerous when it gets filled in with leaves. But it's so fun. I'll never change it. Unless I put a bridge over the top and corkscrew into it!

Thanks for the tree info again. As of yesterday, the downed trees are cut and nearly all shagginess has been abated.

The CHUTE?

Is that those bowl curves after you go back into the woods after the powerline cut?

OMG no! Don't ever change that! That is one of the awesome at features in any local trail. That section alone makes it more than worth it to make the trip up to Krug!

Walk it!?! NO way! The only times I would walk it would be if it's icy, or if it's leafy and muddy, in which case I pro'ly won't be on the trails anyway.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

gymrat832003

Re: RE: Re: Krug opened

Postby gymrat832003 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Smooth&Flowey wrote:The only preparation for the chute would be riding a bobsled track. I'm often surprised at our group rides when several people choose to walk down it. People who have a lot more experience than I.

Definitely would never walk it. Gotta keep obstacles like that and try to ride them. Basically my back tire slid out and I over corrected resulting in a hilarious endo.

Smooth&Flowey

Postby Smooth&Flowey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:23 am

My only pucker moment in The Chute was last fall when it was filled with leaves. I followed Blake Hoppe into it (so we were cruising) and all those drops were well hidden. Love it!
Can you dig it? I do.

Return to “Krug Park”